User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 22430
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 54,516.68
jamcutpost wrote:
as.com wrote:An NFL official in Mexico has told AS that the country will hold five regular season games, one per season, from 2017 or 2018.


^^ Its translated from a latin website and is a bit vague, but there you go.

EDIT: Aaaaaand that was quick ...

PFT wrote:NFL spokesman Michael Signora tells PFT that the report in AS.com was at least “premature.”

“We are pleased with the growth in fan demand and the increased partner support we have enjoyed in recent years,” Signora said. “With this in mind, we are actively assessing the opportunity to play games in Mexico. We have visited several stadiums in recent months, and are analyzing what needs to be done to bring games to Mexico.

“It is premature to comment specifically as to when this will happen, let alone how many, if any, games might be played.”


The security issues for NFL games in Mexico ought to be quite interesting.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 26028
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 20,172.26
Jcb890 wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:
as.com wrote:An NFL official in Mexico has told AS that the country will hold five regular season games, one per season, from 2017 or 2018.


^^ Its translated from a latin website and is a bit vague, but there you go.

EDIT: Aaaaaand that was quick ...

PFT wrote:NFL spokesman Michael Signora tells PFT that the report in AS.com was at least “premature.”

“We are pleased with the growth in fan demand and the increased partner support we have enjoyed in recent years,” Signora said. “With this in mind, we are actively assessing the opportunity to play games in Mexico. We have visited several stadiums in recent months, and are analyzing what needs to be done to bring games to Mexico.

“It is premature to comment specifically as to when this will happen, let alone how many, if any, games might be played.”


The security issues for NFL games in Mexico ought to be quite interesting.


Does Trump own any Private Security firms?
_______________________________________

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 26028
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 20,172.26
_______________________________________

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 56335
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 32,595.53
The NFL's 2021 games in the United Kingdom will be the Jaguars vs. Dolphins and the Falcons vs. Jets.

The Jets and Falcons will play in Week 5, marking the return of NFL action overseas as 2020 U.K. games were canceled due to COVID-19. The matchup will constitute a home game for Atlanta. The Jaguars and Dolphins, both with large followings in the United Kingdom, will play in London a week later, with Trevor Lawrence making his London debut in what will be a home tilt for the Jags.


They're back
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7678
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010
Sand$: 26,334.60
endzoneview wrote:
The NFL's 2021 games in the United Kingdom will be the Jaguars vs. Dolphins and the Falcons vs. Jets.

The Jets and Falcons will play in Week 5, marking the return of NFL action overseas as 2020 U.K. games were canceled due to COVID-19. The matchup will constitute a home game for Atlanta. The Jaguars and Dolphins, both with large followings in the United Kingdom, will play in London a week later, with Trevor Lawrence making his London debut in what will be a home tilt for the Jags.


They're back


Is the NFL trying to make London hate them?
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 26028
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 20,172.26
FWIW, MIA are the 2nd most popular team over here
_______________________________________

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 26028
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 20,172.26
_______________________________________

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 41502
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006
Sand$: 135,905.88
Is there really that much interest in Germany?
_______________________________________

Image
2020 LOT Champion
2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1105
Joined: Sun Sep 2, 2012
Sand$: 1,598.52
SnakeStabler wrote:Is there really that much interest in Germany?

Ja, voll
Great White Shark
Posts: 5483
Joined: Thu Sep 7, 2017
Sand$: 13,763.36
There's always interest in a 'once a year event' even if there isn't a specific fan base.

Hell I went to a professional soccer game once, because I had nothing else to do and the tickets were free.

I left before half time, the score was 0-0.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 41502
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006
Sand$: 135,905.88
ubertaco wrote:There's always interest in a 'once a year event' even if there isn't a specific fan base.

Hell I went to a professional soccer game once, because I had nothing else to do and the tickets were free.

I left before half time, the score was 0-0.

:lol: :lol:

I can certainly understand that.
_______________________________________

Image
2020 LOT Champion
2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 30761
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 75,210.32
During Oktoberfest seems like a mistake.
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1105
Joined: Sun Sep 2, 2012
Sand$: 1,598.52
rugger48 wrote:During Oktoberfest seems like a party.

ftfy
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 26028
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 20,172.26
SnakeStabler wrote:Is there really that much interest in Germany?


Yep. Certainly enough to make money

And when the domestic market is saturated? What else are they going to do :)

For those of us old enough to remember the piss poor/ sub par, inferior product that was NFL Europe/ Europa not named Kurt Warner or Jake Delhomme?

Of the 9 European teams, FIVE of them were German
_______________________________________

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 56335
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 32,595.53
patiently waiting to pull out my Rhein Fire jersey