Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 42,229.16
OarChambo wrote:
FantasyHussy wrote:At this stage, worrying about Gaskins' competition for touches is like worrying about Ekeler's

Doesn't matter, they still/will be RB1s

RB1 doesn't necessarily say anything beyond a starter stayed healthy all year. Now, if you're ranking him in your preseason top 12 then that's a completely different story.

I think that's well within his range of outcomes, considering he was RB12 in ppg last year. His receiving upside gives him a higher floor and ceiling than people realize.

I'm a dude.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,521.70
FantasyHussy wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
FantasyHussy wrote:At this stage, worrying about Gaskins' competition for touches is like worrying about Ekeler's

Doesn't matter, they still/will be RB1s

RB1 doesn't necessarily say anything beyond a starter stayed healthy all year. Now, if you're ranking him in your preseason top 12 then that's a completely different story.

I think that's well within his range of outcomes, considering he was RB12 in ppg last year. His receiving upside gives him a higher floor and ceiling than people realize.

Range of potential outcomes, sure. But I think the same can be said of guys like Sanders, Swift, Harris, etc. and they are not currently in early top 12's either.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 1,439.24
The Dolphins tried to have three different backs in three different situational roles before they were plagued by injuries/ineffectiveness. We need to be emotionally prepared for that possibility :)
Whale Shark
Sand$: 1,439.24
Whale Shark
Sand$: 1,607.80
Tarik Cohen (ACL) dealt with knee stiffness during last month's mandatory minicamp.

We haven't heard much on Cohen's rehab from the torn ACL he suffered last Week 3, but residual stiffness nine months after the fact isn't terribly alarming. Of course, there are players who would have already been back to 100 percent participation by that benchmark. Cohen no longer has the Bears' No. 2 running back spot all to himself following the addition of Damien Williams. Williams' presence likely means Cohen's role would not change all that much were David Montgomery to go down with injury. Brutally inefficient in 2019, Cohen probably isn't a strong bet to post his third 70-catch campaign in four seasons. Montgomery undoubtedly earned himself a bigger role in the passing game with last year's excellent closing effort.
Source: Bears on YouTube
Jul 8, 2021, 5:13 PM ET

David Montgomery was on a 400-fantasy point pace after his Week 10 inactive. Only Derrick Henry was a better fantasy back. Now, if you choose to discount the late-season heroics as an outlier, fair enough. No one is expecting Montgomery to approach 400 fantasy points, or he would be coming off draft boards at 1.01 or 1.02 depending on how you feel about Christian McCaffrey. Expecting some regression from last year's late-season surge is reasonable, but fantasy managers have taken the discount too far. At RB19 -- his current ADP -- you're assuming Montgomery will be half as productive.] You're also assuming the abysmal start to 2020 is his baseline, even though everything that could have gone wrong, did. He came into the season with a groin injury and added a neck injury in Week 2. His offensive line was bad to start and makeshift within weeks. At one point, the Bears only had one Week 1 starter left on the line. The Bears also dealt with horrifically bad quarterbacking, and a lack of explosive playmakers to keep defenses honest. While the Bears don't project as a Top 5 offense this year, there are reasons for optimism. The combination of Andy Dalton and Justin Fields is assuredly better than Trubisky and Foles. The offensive line got an infusion of talent in the draft and the interior returns after an encouraging showing down the stretch. Montgomery is healthy, re-focused, and confident. And Tarik Cohen is a bit player who had fallen out of favor with the coaching staff before his knee injury.

https://www.footballguys.com/article/2021-david-montgomery-is-a-top-priority

A few weeks later- is the rest of the tank still down on Montgomery?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 27,140.60
How do you figure that the entire tank is down on Montgomery? Only 3 people even mentioned him in this entire thread. :-k

You said you liked him, Huss said that he preferred Gaskin 2 rounds later, and Oar said he was matchup dependent.

No one flag planted on David Montgomery Is Trash Island. :lol:

For me, it is about value, and where Montgomery is going in drafts, I'd rather grab a WR. Especially as of right this second, when there is a legit chance that the Bears moron coach might start the year with Dalton as the QB, which kills the value of the entire offense. If Montgomery falls, I would absolutely consider him, but like Huss, I prefer Gaskin 2 rounds later.

Oh, and Cohen has as much to do with Montgomery's value as James White has to do with Damien Harris'. :thumbright:

#FIREGRUDEN
Whale Shark
Sand$: 1,607.80
Well, no one else really spoke up about him...
to be fair, it's a quiet time of the season.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 27,140.60
For reference, he went in the 6th round of the recent initial draft in The Apex, which is a 12 team Superflex/TE premium league. He was the 21st overall RB taken, in between Miles Sanders and Josh Jacobs. That seems about right to me.

Chase Edmonds and Mike Davis went in the 7th round, and Gaskin in the 8th.

#FIREGRUDEN
Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,511.88
SJSwarm wrote:How do you figure that the entire tank is down on Montgomery? Only 3 people even mentioned him in this entire thread. :-k

You said you liked him, Huss said that he preferred Gaskin 2 rounds later, and Oar said he was matchup dependent.

No one flag planted on David Montgomery Is Trash Island. :lol:

For me, it is about value, and where Montgomery is going in drafts, I'd rather grab a WR. Especially as of right this second, when there is a legit chance that the Bears moron coach might start the year with Dalton as the QB, which kills the value of the entire offense. If Montgomery falls, I would absolutely consider him, but like Huss, I prefer Gaskin 2 rounds later.

Oh, and Cohen has as much to do with Montgomery's value as James White has to do with Damien Harris'. :thumbright:

This has me pumping the brakes on DM.. Cohen was out most of last season so DM got all the passing down work in addition to his normal load. That's going to change somewhat obviously. Gaskin caught 40+ balls and missed 6 ( i think ) games. Not saying he's better or anything so much as pointing out the value. Probably can have him 2-3 rounds later

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,521.70
Cohen wasn't good in 2019 and has now added an ACL to the list, but that may not matter. If he's not near 2018 form the Bears teed up contingency plans in Khalil Herbert and Damien Williams. This varies vs prior year when the closest thing they had to viable backup was a failed WR, Cordarelle Patterson.

That isn't one of my biggest concerns with Monty though. In our game volume is king, so of course it's a factor but my side eye primarily stems from what I wrote before and his coach's impact on the general functionality of the offense. I'm skeptical there is a correlation, but I think it's worth remembering that his late season breakout also happened during the one time period Nagy was not calling plays. Improvement on the OL certainly helped too.

And ultimately Nagy is why I'm not really factoring Fields into the equation. Cause I don't really know what to expect beyond whatever he does likely being bad for the offense. Fields has running talent, but he's a throw-before-run QB. Nagy's former QB Trubisky also had running talent, but he sucked as a QB. Despite that Nagy put the brakes on him running and square peg-round holed him into relying on his arm (WAT). Fields has the ability to eat into Monty's opportunities, but due to his Dumas coach I'm not going to expect it. I just expect mismanagement of Fields.

I'm open minded to buying Monty at some point, but not at his current cost in this situation. I'll re-assess once I have a better sense of when Nagy is getting whacked. He's not a unique enough talent to avoid a 1A-1B situation, but if he does with Fields under center and gets competent coaching then he absolutely has at least one great season in him. In the end if I'm wrong about Monty then I think it's because I'm wrong about Nagy - that's a bet I'm comfortable making.
Great White Shark
I didn't really factor in Fields or Nagy because at worst the situation will be similar to last year. In other words, similar or better RB #'s depending on coaching and QB play. I just think that DM's touches are going to decrease as a result of COhen being healthy, irregardless of effectiveness, and the addition of Williams. Therefor I have lower expectations than his ADP is indicating.

I'm no expert but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night..

William G. McAdoo
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,444.46
Damian Williams will be a factor this year. I can see DM with much less opp more so because of Williams. I see DM as a low end rib 2 with less upside than Davis or Gaskin.

QB Wilson
RB1/2 Alvin/GIO
WR1/2: ARob/Dionte
Flex melvin
TE: GOEDERT
DST BROWNS
K RODRIGO
bench PITTMAN, EKELER,ERTZ, GUS, AB

Start 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 flex, TE, D, K 14 man roster
(.5ppr. 12 team)
Great White Shark
sctroyfan wrote:I didn't really factor in Fields or Nagy because at worst the situation will be similar to last year. In other words, similar or better RB #'s depending on coaching and QB play. I just think that DM's touches are going to decrease as a result of COhen being healthy, irregardless of effectiveness, and the addition of Williams. Therefor I have lower expectations than his ADP is indicating.

I'm no expert but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night..

I re read what I wrote and it did not come out the way my mind was thinking.. I didn't mean the bold for DM specifically so much as the entire RB corp

William G. McAdoo
Megalodon
Sand$: 119,871.51
I just cut Cohen in a short roster dyno. No remorse and i don't expect to have any.