Packer Qb controversy?

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 49,566.87

2020 House of Bourbon Champion
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,779.50
The only thing that should matter is whatever it says in the contract Rodgers currently has with the Packers.

All the rest, from either side (or any side) is just PR BS which you can enjoy as much as you like, but it's all actually meaningless.

Rodgers is the only person who knows what Rodgers actually wants and is willing to do. Yeah, it's 'important' to Packer fans and most other fans of the NFL generally, but it's not actually 'important' other than as whatever diversion anyone wants because there is nothing going on for the NFL right now.

My personal interest is for Rodgers to play for the Packers and for them to make a deep run in the playoffs only to fail again due to some coaching decision so that Rodgers can stink eye everyone again and be all passive aggressive about play calling or whatever. But that's just because I don't really like the Packers and find it funny when they fail in stupid ways. Schaudenfreude. I know it, I accept it.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 319,168.15
I don’t think he’s going to lay for the packers.

He just wants out and that’s it and he’ll retire before stepping foot back on the field again in the green and gold.

And the packers will be spiteful and not trade him just to screw hon over and in turn they screw themselves cuz they would get a ton for him and they (apparently) were already preparing for his departure at some point. lol

Image Image

Leopard Shark
Sand$: 319.50
Budmonsan wrote:I don’t think he’s going to lay for the packers.

He just wants out and that’s it and he’ll retire before stepping foot back on the field again in the green and gold.

And the packers will be spiteful and not trade him just to screw hon over and in turn they screw themselves cuz they would get a ton for him and they (apparently) were already preparing for his departure at some point. lol

Bud, I’m not sure how to break this to you but ALL quarterbacks go to get a pack of cigs and don’t come home at some point.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,511.88
He's no Tom Brady but I'm sure he thinks he is and most of the teams he'd go to are not going to have the weapons Tampa or GB has.. I think reality sets in and he sees that GB is really the only logical spot for him. Or he retires

What team is willing to pay a 37 yo QB what GB offered him?

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Great White Shark
Denver should.

They have the (potential) weapons in place, just have not had a QB who could use them to their fullest for several years.

The 49ers also have a lot of nice weapons, though they are a longer shot to get him.

It's kind of weird to talk about weapons though, because does GB really have a a lot of weapons? I see Adams as one of the best in the league, but basically everyone else there makes a living because of Rodgers. I might be willing to listen to Aaron Jones as a weapon I guess, but the receivers? Meh.
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,728.46
ubertaco wrote:Denver should.

They have the (potential) weapons in place, just have not had a QB who could use them to their fullest for several years.

The 49ers also have a lot of nice weapons, though they are a longer shot to get him.

It's kind of weird to talk about weapons though, because does GB really have a a lot of weapons? I see Adams as one of the best in the league, but basically everyone else there makes a living because of Rodgers. I might be willing to listen to Aaron Jones as a weapon I guess, but the receivers? Meh.

denver definitely would, no hesitation imo

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,444.18
I think the continuing excellence on the OL qualifies as weapons that the Packers have provided Rodgers.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,993.78
bluemist wrote:I think the continuing excellence on the OL qualifies as weapons that the Packers have provided Rodgers.

That's definitely an underrated factor that gets taken for granted.

GB has fielded a Top 10 OLine for almost a decade now. Even longer than that but there have been some blip years.

But Bakhtiari and this OLine have been in place since 2013.

Look at Andrew Luck. What did high picks on receivers (Hilton, Dorsett, Moncrief) and a crap OLine get him.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,521.70
bluemist wrote:I think the continuing excellence on the OL qualifies as weapons that the Packers have provided Rodgers.

Gonna be interesting to see how this OL functions this year. I think they made a big mistake choosing Aaron Jones over Corey Linsley, but they can prove me wrong if the unit gels quickly. They're essentially working with 4 unknowns though. And the one known may not be 100% week 1.
Great White Shark
OarChambo wrote:

Gonna be interesting to see how this OL functions this year. I think they made a big mistake choosing Aaron Jones over Corey Linsley, but they can prove me wrong if the unit gels quickly. They're essentially working with 4 unknowns though. And the one known may not be 100% week 1.

3 unknowns?

Elgton Jenkins is a freak stud-muffin that can play anywhere on the offensive line and be good at it.

With Jenkins on the field GB has tons of versatility on how they can configure their OL since he can play LT, LG, or C and be in the top 1/4 of players in the league at it. If Josh Myers is a sieve they can kick Jenkins to Center and let Runyan / Patrick handle the Guard spots.

If Bakhtiari is out then Jenkins will have to anchor at LT (which he did well at), and the rest of the line is a question mark. Jon Runyan has done well in the LG spot but he had Bakhtiari and Jenkins on each side of him (Jenkins was filling in at Center last year while Linsley was injured).
Last edited by jnadke on Wed 07.21.2021, 12:39, edited 2 times in total.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,521.70
jnadke wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

3 unknowns?

Elgton Jenkins is a freak stud-muffin that can play anywhere on the offensive line and be good at it.

If Bakhtiari can't go then things will get shaky very quickly. If he's out there then the entire left side of the OLine is a brick wall.

Generally speaking I don't assume an OL will be successful at a new position. If he's tasked with playing center with average or worse players on each of his hips because the rook isn't ready then that's a collar tug until proven otherwise. Him being surrounded by more dicey propositions doesn't change that though. The collective just decreases the likelihood of the unit coming together.

A lot of the Packers questions are easily solved if Myers is an effective day 1 starter and Bakhtari is healthy enough. I think those are unreasonable expectations though. On July 21st anyway. We'll see where thing lie come September.
Great White Shark
For what it's worth, Elgton Jenkins did play Left Tackle last year, albeit briefly.

Against the San Francisco 49ers top D-Line.

He didn't allow a single pressure.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,511.88
ubertaco wrote:Denver should.

I thought of Denver.. More to the point is that I did not think there were many and that those who might probably aren't to the caliber of team he's accustomed to. Denver would be ideal for him and them. Lots of weapons...

How about NO?

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Great White Shark
NO clearly has talent as well, but I'm not sure the Packers would trade Rodgers in the NFC when there seems to be Denver (and maybe LV?) apparently willing to swing the deal already.

It would be a different question if Rodgers actually did hold all of the cards and was essentially acting as a FA.

GB doesn't have to do anything for him (or with him) if they are willing to play the game of chicken Rodgers seems to be playing right now.