Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,832.06
I have always found the third preseason game very helpful in tweaking fantasy rankings and really missed it last year.

With only three games now, has there been any discussion of how the various games will be handled compared to the previous format? Will the focus for all now become largely camp arms and players on the bubble?

Wondering what everyone thinks or may have heard. I fear we may have seen the last of the dress rehearsal game.
Sand$: 32,620.71
The only thing I ever paid attention to when it came to pre-season were injuries. Hopefully there will be less chance for that now.

I guess week 2 will be the "dress rehearsal" now but the pre-season was typically just about getting live snaps with a vanilla offense (and defense) and watching your favorite deep rookie pick make a little noise.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 49,566.87
Several teams will be most interesting pre season follows….

NOS - Winston vs Hill…which looks better…the fantasy implications are huge

NEP - Is Cam back or is the rook going to take the job

SF - same as the first two…is this Jimmy Gs team this year

DEN - Same as the above, Betting that Lock gets beat out by Teddy B

CHI - Guessing that Dalton is their initial starting QB…How Fields looks in preseason will determine when and if that changes.

IND - Is Wentz going to benefit from a change in scenery

LAR- See IND above when it comes to their new QB

GBP - Is Rodgers holding out?

PIT - how much do they play their almost entirely new O Line in their extra preseason game schedule which impacts N Harris and their WRS

LAR - With their RB position in a bit of flux, which of their rostered players or a FA looks like the fantasy RB to own

NYJ - Lots of new faces….most interested in the rookies at the skill positions, specifically at RB and WR

AZ - more interested in their IDPs….specifically at LB

CLE - See AZ

I’m probably missing some obvious ones but that’s a decent start. Lots of reasons to stay tuned to the preseason.

2020 House of Bourbon Champion
wouldn't most of that be decided in camp and not in 1 or 2 pre-season games?
Whale Shark
endzoneview wrote:The only thing I ever paid attention to when it came to pre-season were injuries. Hopefully there will be chance for that now.

I guess week 2 will be the "dress rehearsal" now but the pre-season was typically just about getting live snaps with a vanilla offense (and defense) and watching your favorite deep rookie pick make a little noise.

For sure on the injuries. I have. more than once, lost a player on my Fantasysharks team to njury before the draft ended!
(Julian Edelman, I'm looking at you.)
Week 2 does seem like the most likely IF they have a comparable dress rehearsal. But having seen things go okay with no preseason last year, there may be less incentive to risk injury to key players by giving them much time on the field Maybe they play a couple of series instead of a half?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 84,105.46
I'm not expecting to glean much from the actual games other than some depth or rookies showing that they may be cream rising. Outside of that, I'm electing this preseason to reveal even less than they did in the past.

I'm also expecting the dress rehearsal to bedtime a thing of the past.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount St. Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,521.70
Default - September is the new preseason, especially with the 17th game. Legitimate camp battles and players/units needing reps for a variety of different reasons will encompass most of the exceptions.

For those that are going to watch pre-season (psst, that’s all of us)
Whale Shark
Thanks for the schedule. NFLN is going to show every preseason game. About half of them live IIRC.
That is the live schedule above
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 49,566.87
endzoneview wrote:wouldn't most of that be decided in camp and not in 1 or 2 pre-season games?

Not sure that’s the way it works nowadays given the reduction in preseason practices and how much the practices have been toned down in intensity that I think it’s hard to replicate game speed etc in practice consistently.

As someone who was a much better practice player in college hoops but couldn’t translate that always to games, I’m certain their are NFL players who have the same affliction albeit to a lesser degree.

2020 House of Bourbon Champion
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,728.46
jesteva wrote:Several teams will be most interesting pre season follows….

NOS - Winston vs Hill…which looks better…the fantasy implications are huge

NEP - Is Cam back or is the rook going to take the job

SF - same as the first two…is this Jimmy Gs team this year

DEN - Same as the above, Betting that Lock gets beat out by Teddy B

CHI - Guessing that Dalton is their initial starting QB…How Fields looks in preseason will determine when and if that changes.

IND - Is Wentz going to benefit from a change in scenery

LAR- See IND above when it comes to their new QB

GBP - Is Rodgers holding out?

PIT - how much do they play their almost entirely new O Line in their extra preseason game schedule which impacts N Harris and their WRS

LAR - With their RB position in a bit of flux, which of their rostered players or a FA looks like the fantasy RB to own

NYJ - Lots of new faces….most interested in the rookies at the skill positions, specifically at RB and WR

AZ - more interested in their IDPs….specifically at LB

CLE - See AZ

I’m probably missing some obvious ones but that’s a decent start. Lots of reasons to stay tuned to the preseason.

HOU. im curious how the QB situation turns out since i drafted the rookie Davis Mills.
MIA RB situation (salvon Ahmed truther). Also want to see if Javonte Williams is the real deal in denver. Rams rbs (picked up Xavier Jones)

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"