Whale Shark
Sand$: 4,944.48
That's how my College Sociology professor introduced herself. Her last name was 'Sacadat'. She'd say "you've heard of a sack a dis, well I'm a sack a dat." End of story. But that's not why I'm here. My wife who enjoys Professional football asked the question, "Why do they call it a "sack" when the QB is sacked?" I pondered. I don't know why I told her (putting my football ignorance on full display). It wasn't like it was an ancient Greek game played in the nude and some dude would be drug down by his genitals. No. And this is important stuff, why is it called "sacking the quarterback"? Is it like "sacking the city" in times of ancient war? Bagging the groceries, concealing a rather unattractive date while doing the deed, I dunno. Does anybody reading this know the answer?
Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!

"I'm not as good as I once was ... but I'm as good once as I ever was."
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 331,693.43
I always thought of it like when someone puts a sack
Over you, you’ve been sacked.

Image Image

Megalodon
Sand$: 35,274.76
GrandpasWalker wrote: Is it like "sacking the city"

That's how I have always perceived it - To capture.
Megalodon
Sand$: 55,763.50

canadianraiderfan wrote:Everybody used to have the coolest sigs on this site.... hardly anybody has them anymore.... did I miss the memo or something?
Whale Shark
The term "sack" was first popularized in the 1960s by Hall of Fame defensive end Deacon Jones, who felt that a quarterback being sacked devastated the offense in the same way that a city was devastated when it was sacked.[5]

Great White Shark
Sand$: 42,743.46
My HS Councilor was a pretty lady.

Ima Dyck

I thought it wasn’t true until I got into a bit of trouble and there it was on the name plate.

She saved my rump that day after the obvious light scolding.

She saw me glance at the name plate again and said, “you wanna know what’s really funny? My husbands name is Harry.”
Whale Shark
tsbgrayghost wrote:My HS Councilor was a pretty lady.

Ima Dyck

I thought it wasn’t true until I got into a bit of trouble and there it was on the name plate.

She saw me glance at the name plate again and said, “you wanna know what’s really funny? My husbands name is Harry.”

::lol: ::lol: :thumbright:

Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,839.69
tsbgrayghost wrote:My HS Councilor was a pretty lady.

Ima Dyck

I would have thought she was a lesbian... =D>
Honorary Mod (powerless)
Sand$: 6,961.76
The year was 1985. I am 15 at a church lock-in party. We are playing charades and it was my turn to perform so I chose from the "TV and Movies" pile of cards.

I read "The Dick Van Dyke Show" on the card I drew and immediately quit the game.

But i digress.
Whale Shark
gridguru wrote:The year was 1985. I am 15 at a church lock-in party. We are playing charades and it was my turn to perform so I chose from the "TV and Movies" pile of cards.

I read "The Dick Van Dyke Show" on the card I drew and immediately quit the game.

But i digress.

::lol: :eeeek: ::lol: Oh the possibilities! Coulda had some fun with that one.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 42,743.46
gridguru wrote:The year was 1985. I am 15 at a church lock-in party. We are playing charades and it was my turn to perform so I chose from the "TV and Movies" pile of cards.

But i digress.

:lol:
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 331,693.43

But i digress.

And that was the last time you quit anything. lol

Image Image