Megalodon
Sand$: 13,131.63
FantasyHussy wrote:
endzoneview wrote:traded Deshaun Watson this week

In case you degenerates wanted to know, here's the trade we put together in a Superflex, 20-starter (10 IDP) league.

I got:

Watson
DE David Ojabo (Traded him+Brady for Bradley Chubb right after this trade. This is a DE-premium scoring format btw)
23 4th
24 4th

I gave:

23 1st (currently 1.10)
24 1st
WR Jahan Dotson
RB James Cook
DE Joey Bosa
6 bags of Skittles
and a bag of Swedish Fish

This is our leagues first dive into seeing what QB value looks like, and I was willing to pay full sticker price for Watson. In a superflex league, they are by far the most precious commodity. I have Dak as well, and I wouldn't start a conversation with someone for him unless it involved the equivalent of 3 first rounders. I basically gave up something similar to that for Watson. Parting with Bosa hurts since it's hard to find steady options at DE, but I think the other guys can be relatively easily through trades or the draft (I still have three 2nds in 2023).

It was a humdinger of a trade. For a 27 yr old QB who has the second-highest average ppg in fantasy history, I was ready to take the plunge.

Oooh….. Swedish fish!?!? Deal!

2019 LOT “The Resurrected One”
2015 LOT Norse League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 163,723.48
I should quit this game

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Megalodon
Sand$: 46,712.50
I'll win my match-up in spite of Watson, but, yikes. Though I guess that outcome probably shouldn't surprise anyone considering how long it has been since he's played.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 1,723.84
Yeah I’ll have to play him next week, fields is on a bye and just like last year, Jackson goes and gets hurt. Good thing is the game is basically meaningless if I can pull out the victory this week. I’ll still end up with a bye.

2020 Show me Your TD’s champions
Thundercats HO!!!!!
Q LJax, Fields, Minshew
R Mixon, Kamara, Barkley, Paterson, Herbert
W Mike Williams, Godwin, Hopkins
T Kmet, Waller
K Carlson
D 9ers
Great White Shark
Sand$: 15,293.04
SJSwarm wrote:Yeah, it’s totally the same to trade for a rapist POS in real life. Great post.

Is this implying that having Watson on a make believe football team is somehow indicative of ones morals and ethics?

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 39,729.22
It’s true, I’m a low down no good sonuvabish

I'm a dude.

Check out The Apex, Our Shark-infested Superflex IDP Dynasty League: https://www67.myfantasyleague.com/2021/home/54237#0
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 31,632.46
sctroyfan wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:Yeah, it’s totally the same to trade for a rapist POS in real life. Great post.

Is this implying that having Watson on a make believe football team is somehow indicative of ones morals and ethics?

No, it was actually Blue who equated a multi billion dollar sports team acquiring a predator to Hussy acquiring a predator on his make believe football team. I pointed out how nonsensical that is.
Sand$: 43,682.85
This game is fun for me. Sure it’s competitive but if it wasn’t fun, I wouldn’t play. Part of the fun is watching your players and rooting for them. I would have an incredibly hard time rooting for Watson, Kareem Hunt, Antonio Brown, etc. I personally can’t separate my morals with my fake fantasy team but kudos to those that can.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 15,293.04
endzoneview wrote:This game is fun for me. Sure it’s competitive but if it wasn’t fun, I wouldn’t play. Part of the fun is watching your players and rooting for them. I would have an incredibly hard time rooting for Watson, Kareem Hunt, Antonio Brown, etc. I personally can’t separate my morals with my fake fantasy team but kudos to those that can.

I normally feel the same about players as you and even take it a step further by making it a point to not have Raiders on my FF teams. I broke that rule this season too... The downhill slide began with Trey Lance, then Stafford, Wilson, Goff, culminating with the Fields injury. They broke me man and then karma sealed my fate.

It's been the absolute worst FF season I've had in 15 years and in the future I will adhere to my more typical code of conduct.

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo