Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 88,312.16
i'm hoping ben johnson stays as well, but i'm already emotionally preparing myself for him to get an HC job this offseason.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount St. Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Supreme Megalodon
jesteva wrote:I agree. Even if he slides down Rd 1, someone will trade back into 1 with a 2 etc., and snag him. Way too much upside there albeit it needs time to develop.

i've changed my heart of hearts.

top DL at 1.03/4

fave defensive player at 1.13 - 1.16

trade back in for richardson w/ the 2nd rounders.

UNICORNS AND RAINBOWS FTW!!!!

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 39,033.21
If I knew I could sway you this easily, I'd had offered you a few trades this year. :lol:

_

“It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.”
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 31,632.46
getdownmmmkay wrote:
why would we draft an OL in the 1st? we're pro-bowl level+, and under contract, at all positions outside of RG.

Two reasons, one, because of that whole culture thing everyone in here keeps talking about. And two, because Skoronski is a million times better than Evan Brown, who is good as a pass blocker but not as a run blocker. He’s probably already better than Jonah Jackson too, and has far more upside. He’s the best OL in the entire draft, but since he plays guard he will likely not go in the top 10.

If the Lions want to smash faces and eat kneecaps, Skoronski is your guy. You don’t pass on someone like that because your guards are pretty good.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 125,654.22
Should the objective of OL building veer from putting your offense in a position to be successful? In an environment in which scarce resources are a consideration I'm not aware of a reason to cross that grey line hell bent on dominance, but feel free to convince me otherwise. There's no debate this particular OL is accomplishing their job and if there are new investments on offense it's with the shiny toys.

This group under Goff is great when healthy, but when they're not? Not-so-much. Upgrading Goff is obvious, but if they're to address any other areas of this offense it's at a play maker position. Preferably with someone who has kneecap biting mentality.
Supreme Megalodon
The only players that fit the shiny new toy bill that you describe that might be available with their second 1st rounder would be Bijan and Brock Bowers. The latter obviously makes sense after dumping Hock. I don’t know enough about Swift and Williams’ contract situations to know if Bijan makes sense, and I don’t care enough to Google it. :lol:
Supreme Megalodon
SJSwarm wrote:The only players that fit the shiny new toy bill that you describe that might be available with their second 1st rounder would be Bijan and Brock Bowers. The latter obviously makes sense after dumping Hock. I don’t know enough about Swift and Williams’ contract situations to know if Bijan makes sense, and I don’t care enough to Google it. :lol:

Again, draft picks are not static.
Supreme Megalodon
And none of us are Miss Cleo, all we have to go off of right now are where the picks lie and what the mocks show. So what’s your point? :lol:
Supreme Megalodon
SJSwarm wrote:And none of us are Miss Cleo, all we have to go off of right now are where the picks lie and what the mocks show. So what’s your point? :lol:

That binary assessments are poor. I think it'd be prudent of the loins to address iOL in the draft, but we're talking a mid rounder to develop and potentially replace Evan Brown in 2024. The loins don't need to pick the best player available in the middle of round 1 nor do they need to pick the best available skill position talent. Like the rest of their capital (draft picks, raw dollars, and funny money), that pick is a tool to build the best possible team in 2023 - and beyond. They could use it to move up back (i.e. Waddle), up (i.e. Waddle), to acquire an established premier talent (i.e. AJB, Reek), or another position entirely.

I think QB needs to be their offseason priority. Once solved their remaining priority capital goes towards offensive skill positions and defense - who, what, and how depends on the market. What capital will they be working with in the marketplace? It depends on what they used to get the QB.
Supreme Megalodon
Their best bet for a QB is hoping the Bears don’t end up at 2, and that whoever does get 2 also doesn’t need a QB. Bears aren’t going to hand them the last infinity stone. :lol:
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 39,033.21
Not a Lions expert but it seems like they need more help on D than O but I agree a QB is a priority.

Only 2 teams have more TD's this year....KC and PHI. Pretty rarified air I think.

_

“It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.”
Supreme Megalodon
jesteva wrote:Not a Lions expert but it seems like they need more help on D than O but I agree a QB is a priority.

Only 2 teams have more TD's this year....KC and PHI. Pretty rarified air I think.

I agree. But as the picks sit now (with acknowledgment to Oar’s point they they are not static and could be traded) it seems like they will be in a better position to get an elite defensive talent with the Rams pick and then go BPA with their pick. The cliff on elite defensive talent this year happens early and it is abrupt at the most important positions. You aren’t getting an elite corner or DT or pass rusher in the 20’s this year.
Supreme Megalodon
halapoulivaati vaitai, when healthy, is technically the starting RG. evan neal is the current best fill in.

offensive shiny toys? i'd take a RB, pleaseandthankyou.

Supreme Megalodon
jesteva wrote:Not a Lions expert but it seems like they need more help on D than O but I agree a QB is a priority.

D needs more help than O, but as noted upstream production when the first line is healthy vs not is an indication skill position talent may need to take priority. It's a problem that may be solved with a better QB, but only if that upgrade is a tractor.
Supreme Megalodon
defense is thin at interior DT, slot CB/3rd safety, and LB(ish). what alim mcneil is doing at his size with that many snaps is extremely impressive.