Sand$: 43,682.85
OarChambo wrote:A Vrabel coached team can win 20-16 games against pretty much anyone, but this iteration without AJ Brown is showing it can't win any other way.

This is a fair point
Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,090.84
endzoneview wrote:
OarChambo wrote:A Vrabel coached team can win 20-16 games against pretty much anyone, but this iteration without AJ Brown is showing it can't win any other way.

This is a fair point

Yes, it's a huge issue for them. Especially with the additional injuries to their WRs. They have zero playmakers who don't reside in the backfield, and as much as Tannyhill improved, he isn't going to make any of those WRs better.

Their defense is also overrated from what I have seen. It's just weird that both the Titans and Bengals seem to be able to shut down the Chiefs, but they don't have that same ability consistently against other good teams.

Swarm is probably right that if the Dolphins wind up the 5 seed and the Titans the 4 seed, the Dolphins should shred them.

Weather permitting if you want...
Megalodon
Sand$: 46,712.50
The Patriots absolutely do not deserve to make the playoffs. Their offense is on pace to somehow be worse than it was with Cam Newton at QB.

I'd prefer for them to continue losing, getting a better draft spot and making BB decide between his job and dying on the hill for Patricia/Judge. However, they should be able to beat both ARI and LV to keep their hopes alive, unfortunately.

I love that the NFL flexed out the Patriots/Raiders game, they don't deserve SNF.
Great White Shark
I love that the NFL flexed out the Patriots/Raiders game, they don't deserve SNF.

I don't disagree, but the storylines around that game would have been enough I would have thought.

Also, both those teams could be fighting for the 7th spot, so it's not like it's actually a bad matchup.

It's probably bad football though.
Megalodon
ubertaco wrote:

I don't disagree, but the storylines around that game would have been enough I would have thought.

Also, both those teams could be fighting for the 7th spot, so it's not like it's actually a bad matchup.

It's probably bad football though.
It is absolutely bad football.

The only storyline is that McDaniels is failing in LV while his replacement in NE is also failing. Really not much of a storyline and definitely not enough to overcome that both teams are not playing good football.

Both WAS and NYG being possible playoff teams are better singular storylines than the NE/LV match-up.

I mean, unless we're talking Brandon Bolden revenge SZN, then I'm all in. :lol:
Great White Shark
LV is winning games though, finally...

The story of the student and master...

Honestly, I've talked myself into wanting this game again. But I don't care at all about WAS or NYG and don't think either of those teams is playing 'good football' either.

Watching their latest effort, especially the OT mess was painful.

I'd rather be entertained by Carr either getting sacked 12 times or lobbing bombs to Adams.
Megalodon
ubertaco wrote:LV is winning games though, finally...

The story of the student and master...

Honestly, I've talked myself into wanting this game again. But I don't care at all about WAS or NYG and don't think either of those teams is playing 'good football' either.

Watching their latest effort, especially the OT mess was painful.

I'd rather be entertained by Carr either getting sacked 12 times or lobbing bombs to Adams.
I guess, but they're still just 5-7... which is great considering they were 2-7 (3 wins in a row). Either way, LV isn't making the playoffs and the Patriots shouldn't. Patriots are the 4th-best team in the AFC East and are only in the playoff picture due to the lack of strength at the bottom of the AFC.

Student and master is overblown, IMO, but I guess some fans are clamoring for it. Bill Belichick is an average (at best) GM and a great coach. Without Tom Brady, Bill has lost more than he has won and the Patriots have been flat-out putrid against teams with a .500+ record/playoff teams. Simply put, they are well-enough coached to beat poorly-run teams. Teams with actual talent and/or coaching, beat them. Why? They don't have the talent. Why is that? The GM.

IMO, forcing Brady out and these past couple of seasons have been about Bill proving he can win without Tom Brady. Instead, it's proven that he cannot... or, at least cannot with the current state of this roster as construed by the current GM (who is the same guy). Belichick the GM is holding back Belichick the coach, whether it is personnel decisions (terrible FA signings), horrible drafting and even poor coaching hires (Patricia as OC). This has been the case for a few years now.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 344,517.57
My brother and I were just talking about the pats the other day.

They have no talent and yet are 6-6. Another coach and they would probably have only 2 wins. lol

Sand$: 43,682.85
If they didn’t play Zack Wilson, they’d have 4 wins
Supreme Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:If they didn’t play Zack Wilson, they’d have 4 wins

Yup

I suppose he’s finished now. Or atleast for this year

Megalodon
Sand$: 10,072.14

If this was a Scooby-Doo episode and they pulled off Zach Wilson's mask, you'd find Johnny Manziel under there
Megalodon
Sand$: 10,072.14
With Von out for the season, the AFCE is gonna come down to week 18
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 125,654.22
Renegade wrote:

If this was a Scooby-Doo episode and they pulled off Zach Wilson's mask, you'd find Johnny Manziel under there

...Billy Wilson?!
Supreme Megalodon
Guess that knocks the raiders out

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 125,654.22
Budmonsan wrote:Guess that knocks the raiders out

They still have a realistic shot if they win out, but I think it goes without saying that if a team is losing that game this late in the season they're not going to win out.