Steelers Discipline Player

Blue Shark
Sand$: 383.44
PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers will have to turn around their season without any help from rookie nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu.

The team suspended Ta'amu two games without pay on Tuesday following his arrest over the weekend following a late-night run-in with police. The fourth-round draft pick faces three felony counts -- fleeing police, aggravated assault and aggravated assault by vehicle -- among a dozen other charges.

ESPN.com news services

Two weeks...that's it?! YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS! This guy went out, on a Sunday, got drunk, got into his vehicle, and caused thousands of dollars in damage, made an a$$ of himself, and you only suspend him for two weeks?! I understand he's part of the rebuilding process of this team, but he made quite the public nuisance. I would have just outright released him for being that dumb and causing the team PR department to scramble Sunday night into today. But, being that the player is now a part of the NFLPA, I guess this was the best way to go, however I would have suspended him for the rest of the NFL season, including the playoffs.

You're allowed to sweat, bleed, cry, and even loose bodily functions...but you are NEVER ALLOWED TO QUIT!
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 3,085.70
I think it was hilarious. Saw it on thw Steeler website, but couldn't find what he did.

So I googled it, what the funny part is the dumb :censor: is giving up over 45,000 dollars in gamechecks for two weeks. And he hasn't played a snap of caught a whiff of the field since being drafted.

Dangerous what he did, just to clarify, that part isnt funny. What he is forced to give up is. He makes more in 2 games then what 70% of earths population makes in a year. And he was drafted in the fourth round and is nobody essentially.

2017 & 2018 BDC points champion
Megalodon
Sand$: 11,945.90
Once again, you guys don't seem to have a clue about how the justice system works.

Another conviction without a trial by the Fantasy Sharks Jury.

Disclaimer: I don't know the facts of this particular case, but that's irrelevant.

What I do know is that a charge is not a conviction.

How's that Adrian Peterson trial coming along?

12-tm PPR: QB/RB/3WR/2FLEX/TE/D-ST-PK [FAAB]

Eli, Alex
Booker, Latavius/Washington, Rawls, Dion
Antonio, Nuk, TY, JMatt, Moncrief, Coleman, Royal
Reed, Martellus, Kendricks
NEP DSTPK (inc. Gostkowski)

Keepers: Reed, Rawls
Megalodon
Sand$: 8,033.97
TheNataliePortmans wrote:Once again, you guys don't seem to have a clue about how the justice system works.

Disclaimer: I don't know the facts of this particular case, but that's irrelevant.

this. i expect him to be released after he is convicted of the felonies.
Megalodon
Sand$: 22,948.72
elven wrote:
TheNataliePortmans wrote:Once again, you guys don't seem to have a clue about how the justice system works.

this. i expect him to be released after he is convicted of the felonies.

They don't even have to wait that long. Cases can drag out a few years...they might try to keep him and maybe get him some kinda counseling help

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 79,400.62

Once again you fail to the understand that said player was caught in the act.

seriously, I would have thought you would have learned the last time.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,088.30
"We thought it was very important to act quickly in addressing this," Tomlin said.

Translation: "We had to under-cut Roger Goodell before he went for 6 games."

Yeah, it's a first-time offense, but we're talking a couple of felonies here.

The justice system is irrelevant.

You can go out and get a bunch of felony charges, and your employer can fire you for "giving the company a negative image". Doesn't matter if you're convicted or not.
Last edited by jnadke on Wed 10.17.2012, 14:54, edited 3 times in total.
Megalodon
Sand$: 11,945.90
rugger48 wrote:

Just sticking up for the innocent until proven guilty. And I'll continue to do so without caring even a little bit what you have to say about it.

Remember when everyone was certain Dez Bryant would be suspended this year?

12-tm PPR: QB/RB/3WR/2FLEX/TE/D-ST-PK [FAAB]

Eli, Alex
Booker, Latavius/Washington, Rawls, Dion
Antonio, Nuk, TY, JMatt, Moncrief, Coleman, Royal
Reed, Martellus, Kendricks
NEP DSTPK (inc. Gostkowski)

Keepers: Reed, Rawls
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 79,400.62
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
rugger48 wrote:

Just sticking up for the innocent until proven guilty. And I'll continue to do so without caring even a little bit what you have to say about it.

Remember when everyone was certain Dez Bryant would be suspended this year?

ummm what. it was police chase and he was pulled out of the car, by the police, who were chasing him. It wasnt a he said, she said type of thing where the police came after what happened, the police actually seen him doing what he did. Him being proven guilty is a formality.

The steelers obviously disagree with you, and ya they dont care even a little bit what you think either.