Mike McCarthy fired

Megalodon
Sand$: 44,123.44
That one hurt to read as a fan... because as much as you want to pound your chest and tell all the haters they are wrong... they aren't. That's what happened, it's clear to everyone.

I like what Ryan Grant had to say... Rodgers just wants to play football, and needs leaders around him so he doesn't have to. It's counter-intuitive to what we expect of a QB, to be the leader.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 909.98
McCarthy was overrated from the jump, but when so many different ex-teammates are willing to speak out against Rodgers, it does concern me that his ego is going to be a problem going forward. We shall see if a year 1 coach can change the dynamic, but color me skeptical.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,826.34
From the outside looking in, this isn't McCarthy's fault or Rodgers fault or the front office's fault alone.

They all deserve blame. Egos getting in the way everywhere. Green Bay should have more rings with Rodgers there. Have to hope age hasn't caught up to him and that he's able to accept coaching. Otherwise it's gonna be more of the same from the last few years.
Sand$: 41,842.21
I still blame Olivia Munn
Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,114.94
endzoneview wrote:I still blame Olivia Munn

You shut your whore mouth
Great White Shark
Sand$: 20,366.68

I blame Danica. Every time she is involved something gets wrecked.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,322.90
bluemist wrote:

I blame Danica. Every time she is involved something gets wrecked.

:lol:
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 459.10
Aaron Rodgers accepts coaching ?

this is ridiculous
Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,114.94
DELTA6TWO wrote:McCarthy was overrated from the jump, but when so many different ex-teammates are willing to speak out against Rodgers, it does concern me that his ego is going to be a problem going forward. We shall see if a year 1 coach can change the dynamic, but color me skeptical.

To be fair, only two people spoke out. Greg Jennings and Jermichael Finley.

Greg Jennings always was as much as a diva as Antonio Brown, people forget. And then he was utterly mediocre when he moved on to other teams.

Everyone will tell their story through the lens of their own motivations.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle, likely. Ryan Grant is probably the more truthful. Aaron Rodgers is a GOAT player, not a leader like Manning or Brady.
Megalodon
Sand$: 44,123.44
jnadke wrote:
DELTA6TWO wrote:McCarthy was overrated from the jump, but when so many different ex-teammates are willing to speak out against Rodgers, it does concern me that his ego is going to be a problem going forward. We shall see if a year 1 coach can change the dynamic, but color me skeptical.

To be fair, only two people spoke out. Greg Jennings and Jermichael Finley.

Greg Jennings always was as much as a diva as Antonio Brown, people forget. And then he was utterly mediocre when he moved on to other teams.

Everyone will tell their story through the lens of their own motivations.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle, likely. Ryan Grant is probably the more truthful. Aaron Rodgers is a GOAT player, not a leader like Manning or Brady.

I don't think Greg Jennings is a diva, he just holds grudges like he claims Rodgers does. He seemed to be a great guy until he didn't get resigned. He's just really salty about it to this day.

Grant's comments made a lot of sense, still critical, but seemed honest.
Great White Shark
Jennings and Finley were willing to go on record, but there are other reports from unnamed sources:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ex-t ... rn-leader/

And other ex-teamates, not exactly bashing him, but not singing his praises, either:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/02/08/ ... teammates/

My point is, can you find articles like this about Brady or Manning? Those guys have rivals that talk more highly of them than some of Rodgers ex-teammates.

I think Rodgers is a phenomenal talent and I would not want anyone else quarterbacking the Packers at this point, but he seems like he is probably a douche-bag in his personal (and professional) life. Hopefully it doesn't continue to affect the team going forward if it was a factor.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 459.10
people need to get in line and follow, or get out of the way
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,322.90
Vision wrote:people need to get in line and follow, or get out of the way

The way you worded this, nobody is leading.
Sand$: 41,842.21
Should we blame Ted Thompson or nah?
Great White Shark
endzoneview wrote:Should we blame Ted Thompson or nah?