The Darwin Thompson Theory

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 119,026.82
rugger48 wrote:Only problem is the chiefs will probably address rb in next years draft.

They're already down a 2 and should have other priorities round one. The well may be tapped dry by the time it gets to them day two.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,080.80
A rookie (albeit the likely rookie of the year) rushed for nearly 100 in the first half. They need to keep addressing their defense with the draft...
Megalodon
Sand$: 38,493.42
BG3eb wrote:A rookie (albeit the likely rookie of the year) rushed for nearly 100 in the first half. They need to keep addressing their defense with the draft...

They need a D line and a couple corners to have a shot at getting to "mediocre."
The only thing the offense needs to continue to dominate is good luck with regard to injuries. And Thompson did look very good yesterday.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Sand$: 40,088.67
Didn't watch the game, how did Darwin look?

Well enough to be 1B to McCoy's 1A ROS? Well enough to render Darrell and Damien to sidelines regardless of their health?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,134.94
endzoneview wrote:Didn't watch the game, how did Darwin look?

Well enough to be 1B to McCoy's 1A ROS? Well enough to render Darrell and Damien to sidelines regardless of their health?

It's a little hard to judge accurately because it was garbage time, but he looked quicker and stronger than Shady, which isn't necessarily saying much...

It always seemed the KC concern with him was how well he could protect Mahomes, and maybe how well he understood the offense. Since he was just in there to run the clock out he never had to pass protect, and they weren't running any special plays either.

I'm assuming that if the other guys are healthy Darwin is still going to be last on the depth chart for this season, just due to the experience and comfort Reid has with the other three.

He is probably their best option going into next year, but we'll have to see what they do with the roster in the off season, and considering Reid brought in McCoy for this year anyway, who knows how much or how quickly he will trust Thompson to take a larger role.
Megalodon
Sand$: 38,493.42

I only saw it on redzone, but in the parts I saw, he looked quick and explosive, kept pushing forward after contact and picked up the defender well in the one pass protection call I saw.

If he gets a real chance over the next few weeks, he's got fantasy playoff MVP potential.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,389.31
hard 10 wrote:

I only saw it on redzone, but in the parts I saw, he looked quick and explosive, kept pushing forward after contact and picked up the defender well in the one pass protection call I saw.

If he gets a real chance over the next few weeks, he's got fantasy playoff MVP potential.

Depending on health status of the other RBs, BUt if you're throwing darts, he's a good dart!

Be amazing if the preseason hype bloomed just in time for the playoffs.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,080.80
He did get a penalty on one of the few times he actually was involved in pass pro.
Sand$: 40,088.67
so Reid has said Darrell Williams likely won't play next week
Damien is a question mark, no updates as of yet
McCoy is in the mix
Darwin next man up, looking at a minimum 50% time share I'd guess

next up
@Patriots
home vs Broncos who are banged up
@Bears

Not loving it
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,134.94
Broncos defense is beat up, as you said, I wouldn't mind starting a RB against them right now (started Gorden this week).

Bears season will be over by then and their defense seems to be very hit or miss from week to week.

It's not the best 3 game matchup, but it's not the worst if you need him. I'm not buying into him as the playoff savior for those who held him (or just picked him up), but if the Williams are out then he's worth looking at your flex at least.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,900.30
Eeegads, I’ve rostered all of the KC RBs at some point this year.
Now is as good a time as any to roll out Darwin, as none of them have been week winners.
I’m coming around to thinking that the KC backfield is really a minefield, for this year.

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour