2020 Dynasty Rookie Draft Thread

Megalodon
Sand$: 23,070.24
Damn. worse than Harry! lol. I understand though. I see some good and bad when watching his tape. Im not even excited about him as a deep threat. Aiyuk led the nation in YAC in college. I know it was the pac 12 but thats his bread an butter imo and thats why he was drafted. Just like Deebo. He breaks a ton of tackles when the ball is in his hands. In this this offense i think Aiyuk will have success because it fits his game. He's a YAC guy and thats what kyle wants.

Aiyuk is raw but he has some elite traits i see shannahan taking advantage of...Aiyuk is closer to Deebo than he is henry Ruggs.

SJ. you know who was throwing Aiyuk the ball last year...you want to talk about trash? lol

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,018.24
I don’t think he’s as tough as Deebo, personally. Breaking tackles in the Pac 12 isn’t the same. And I am a huge Pac 12 fan, but it’s overall a pretty soft conference when it comes to physicality.

If the Niners end up with a big armed stud before Aiyuk’s rookie contract runs out, perhaps he has a chance down the road as a WR3/4 type in fantasy. Depends on your needs as to whether that is worth a mid 2nd to early 3rd, which seems to be his range.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Megalodon
oh yea i agree...he's not as tough as Deebo. Honestly i dont think many WRs are...Deebo is like Steve SMith clone. He wants all the smoke lol. But AIyuk has that stocky build. 6ft. strong lower body. I think it will translate. you can see it on Kick return and punt return. I do take into account the competition. But you can see the play speed and the lower body strength.

Shannahan whiffed on Pettis but i think Deebo and Aiyuk are closer to what he wants as a WR. He think he's going to be more a guy who gets those short slant routes and screen and then an occasional double move to catch the defense sleeping deep. I dont see him as the deep threat guy though. FTW shannahan compared him to Isaac Bruce...i know thats too much but to me it says he's looking to use Aiyuk more than a deep threat. I think he will get most his targets closer to the LOS. Not like most deep guys.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,018.24
Isaac Bruce was a manimal tho. I don’t see it.

My good friend and huge ASU homer called him Ted Ginn with RB thighs. I think that is closer to the truth lol.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Megalodon
lol. yea i dont see the Bruce comparison. not a HOF like that. I dont see the Ginn either though. Ginn was straight speed...track star. I just dont see Aiyuk as a deep threat type in the NFL. And i dont see Shannahan using him that way.

He reminds me more of a poor mans DJ Moore ...at least thats what im hoping for .

whats you take on Lynn Bowden? i added him in the 4th round.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,296.82
Completely disagree with Aiyuk being a one trick. He's got a versatile skillset, displayed dynamism as a YAC monster and special teams ace. A little raw, but having Shanny to scheme him open and give him easy YAC opportunities should help mitigate some of this learning curve.

He's not one of my guys, but I could see him hitting in a big way if Shannahan can utilize him properly. If this class didn't have crazy depth I'd be more inclined to just trust the draft capital with him.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,066.40
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcspo ... year%3famp

Good Article , interesting take on him getting chances for yac.
Supreme Megalodon
"Those two accounted for just over 40 percent of the 49ers' targets in 2019 and should only rise with Samuel in Year 2," PFF's Michael Renner wrote. "Aiyuk’s limited route tree at Arizona State could come into play, too, as the 49ers' offense doesn’t feature a ton of simplistic routes.

"In fact, their receivers had the fewest yards (529) of any group on screens, hitches, go’s, and crossers last year."
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,296.82
There's a good chance all of these rookie receivers struggle more than expected this year with COVID limiting the amount of work teams can do with them this season.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Megalodon
rugger48 wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/why-49ers-brandon-aiyuk-could-struggle-getting-targets-rookie-year%3famp

they only attempted 476 passes all year. Niners are a run team but i think Shannahan utilizes his weapons well. He spent a 1st on Aiyuk AND traded up for him. Im sure he has something in store for the kid. Nobody is expecting him to take off year one though...thats why this is a DYNASTY THREAD. I could see Aiyuk getting more targets than Deebo in the future...or they will be close.

Supreme Megalodon
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
rugger48 wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/why-49ers-brandon-aiyuk-could-struggle-getting-targets-rookie-year%3famp

they only attempted 476 passes all year. Niners are a run team but i think Shannahan utilizes his weapons well. He spent a 1st on Aiyuk AND traded up for him. Im sure he has something in store for the kid. Nobody is expecting him to take off year one though...thats why this is a DYNASTY THREAD. I could see Aiyuk getting more targets than Deebo in the future...or they will be close.

The point wasn’t his first year, point was where he is and what they plan to do with him. You’ve got little, Debo, and 4 rbs catching , Aiyuk going to have a tough time finding targets.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 47,453.44
zuggyawesome wrote:There's a good chance all of these rookie receivers struggle more than expected this year with COVID limiting the amount of work teams can do with them this season.

This. The amount of work these guys aren't getting right now can't be overstated. They don't even know their way around the building yet.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Megalodon
rugger48 wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:

The point wasn’t his first year, point was where he is and what they plan to do with him. You’ve got little, Debo, and 4 rbs catching , Aiyuk going to have a tough time finding targets.

I dont think there was a point there...Aiyuk was drafted in the 1st round. He could easily get more targets than deebo. We dont know how that will turn out do we?

FWIW the title of the article you posted is:

"Why 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk could struggle getting targets in rookie year"/.

Supreme Megalodon
Correct.

“He could easily get more targets than Debo”

I don’t know about easily , but ok, you go ahead. Just an article about how the 49ers have done things and how he could fit. Do I think he will be a bust, I wouldn’t say that , but it requires them to do things differently. Maybe they do that, or want to do it because they drafted him. Just not sure if he fits there.

“We dont know how that will turn out do we?”

How do I know that? I don’t, but I’m talking ff, that what we try to do.
Last edited by rugger48 on Sat 05.23.2020, 23:53, edited 1 time in total.
Supreme Megalodon
I like Jimmy, but this is a make it break year for him.

Honestly I don’t know what to make of Lynch as a gm. He’s pretty much luck boxed his way into a good roster, then he traded Forrest , I thought that was smart.