INSTRUCTIONS: CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING LETTERS, PRINT IT OUT, FILL IN THE BLANKS, AND PUT IT ON YOUR REFRIGERATOR. MUST BE KEPT VISIBLE FOR A MINIMUM OF ONE WEEK. REMOVE AND BURN UPON COMPLETION OF FANTASY SEASON.
Dear ______________________ (insert your fantasy team name),
Congratulations!! You made it to the playoffs. This has been one heck of a year, but through a culmination of hard work, persistent research, and a little bit of luck, you have managed to make it to the big dance. A few things to remember:
- Your regular season record of ________ was an incredible achievement in and of itself, showing that you were able to navigate all the craziness of the 2020 year and somehow still manage to qualify for your league’s ultimate prize! Feel proud of what you have accomplished so far;
- Your opponent this week in Round 1, ____________, is looking at your team with trepidation, scared of the matchups you have set up and the potential for an early first round exit. Yes, they have a good team as well, but you have trusted your players enough to get you here, now it’s time for them to reward your faith in them and lead you to a title;
- You still have time to make moves! Don’t forget about _____________ or __________ or definitely not ____________, if they are still on your waiver wire. Even blocking your opponent from picking up ___________ may be a good idea, so look at their roster for any weaknesses as well. You can’t take FAAB with you after the season is over;
- Perhaps most importantly, remember that Fantasy Football is for pleasure, not pain! Yes, you may lose in round one, and that would be heartbreaking, but you play this silly game for the thrill and excitement of it – not to lament what could have been. You have had an excellent season regardless of the next step; and
- Most importantly – enjoy this week!! Many thought we may not even get to the Fantasy playoffs this year, so just us collectively making it here, and you getting the _______ seed is an incredible and noteworthy accomplishment!
Sincerely, your friend,
Dear ____________________ (insert your fantasy team name),
Well, that stunk. Been an overall rotten year and let’s be honest, COVID put a huge damper on your Fantasy Football prowess. It’s not your fault – you did all you could and it just so happens that 2020 just wasn’t your year. A few things to remember:
- Your regular season record was a dismal _______________. This doesn’t reflect so much on you as a Fantasy owner but more on the craziness of 2020 and the unlucky breaks that happened along the way. Trust in your methods, make adjustments and know what or who to avoid in 2021;
- Speaking of who to avoid, know that _______________, ________________, _____________, and especially that bum ________________ will NEVER play another down for your fantasy team. They had their chance and squandered it. Good riddance;
- Also, the fact that _______________ made it in the playoffs and you didn’t is a total shame. You scored _____________ points per game more than them and they managed to limp in with that dumpster fire of a roster over you??? Makes zero sense;
- Perhaps most importantly, remember that Fantasy Football is a cruel, cruel hobby sometimes and no matter how much you love it, and the comradery and the competition, it can make you feel pretty empty when you go home with nothing but regrets at the end of the year; and
- At least you know that your league punishment of _____________ for finishing in last place isn’t as bad as the one I have in my league of record where the last place team literally is kicked out of the league for one year. How’s that for brutal?
Sincerely, your ally,
Read on for this week’s Hits, Holds and Folds…