Welcome to The Lowdown for Week 12. This is my little corner of the fantasy football universe — feel free to pull up a chair and stay a while!
No Rest for the Weary
Another Thanksgiving has come and gone, and while I’m always happy to spend time with family and friends, I rarely get to enjoy myself. Don’t get me wrong, I love me some roasted turkey– complete with candied yams, cranberry sauce, stuffing, lasagna, and some sort of bacon-wrapped something or other my sister always brings over.
But I never get to fully enjoy myself… between the running around hunting and gathering supplies for the wife, keeping an eye on the kid, catching up on office work, I get no time to just relax. No sitting in my easy chair, no trying to convince my wife to give me a neck massage.
Ah, but what of the games? A full slate of Thursday games to feed that football jones… certainly, that makes me happy? Doesn’t it?
Not really. See, much like adult film stars whose work ruins the sex in their personal lives– Thursday football games are a pain in the ass to football writers. It throws of our schedules and just creates a bunch of extra work.
So… how was your Thanksgiving?
Interesting Players for This Week
Straight from the flawless algorithms of Mighty Max come the top match-ups at every offensive position for this weekend’s games…
- Russell Wilson – SEA (vs. SFO) : 100.00
- Carson Wentz – PHI (vs. CHI) : 85.44
- Alex Smith – KCC (vs. BUF) : 82.81
- Drew Brees – NOS (vs. LAR) : 73.85
- Jared Goff – LAR (vs. NOS) : 73.28
- Matt Ryan – ATL (vs. TBB) : 71.26
- Tyrod Taylor – BUF (vs. KCC) : 69.62
- Marcus Mariota – TEN (vs. IND) : 69.28
- C.J. Beathard – SFO (vs. SEA) : 69.13
- Tom Brady – NEP (vs. MIA) : 68.25
I know that C.J. Beathard being on this list seems like evidence of a blown CPU on Max’s motherboard, but Beathard hasn’t been doing too poorly lately, and Seattle’s vaunted secondary is a shell of its former self.
- Todd Gurley – LAR (vs. NOS) : 100.00
- Le’Veon Bell – PIT (vs. GBP) : 90.95
- Kareem Hunt – KCC (vs. BUF) : 90.55
- Mark Ingram – NOS (vs. LAR) : 84.97
- LeSean McCoy – BUF (vs. KCC) : 75.17
- Christian McCaffrey – CAR (vs. NYJ) : 67.60
- Carlos Hyde – SFO (vs. SEA) : 65.70
- Lamar Miller – HOU (vs. BAL) : 63.98
- Leonard Fournette – JAC (vs. ARI) : 63.33
- Alvin Kamara – NOS (vs. LAR) : 63.09
The Saints have the only RB tandem worth starting in the NFL, with both Mark Ingram and Alvin Kamara worthy of starting on their own right… Lamar Miller needs to pick up the pace in Houston, because it’s not like the passing game is going to put up a ton of points.