Welcome to The Lowdown for Week 12. This is my little corner of the fantasy football universe — feel free to pull up a chair and stay a while!
No Really – Thanks!
It’s Thanksgiving and this is where I’m supposed to list all the things I’m thankful for. It’s not like I have a choice: it’s in the Writers’ Handbook. No matter how much of a curmudgeon a writer is, he has to publicly state the things for which he is grateful. Those are the rules.
So here it is:
- I’m thankful for all those running back committees in the NFL, because having to decide whether to start Matt Forte or Jeremy Langford is much more challenging and fun than just sticking with Forte. Especially with as mouthy a head coach as John Fox.
- I’m thankful that the NFL is being run by guys who think Greg Hardy deserves to be on a roster, but Ray Rice isn’t allowed within 200 feet of any NFL property. Because consistency is important in life.
- I’m thankful for all those soccer moms driving those huge SUVs that are way too big for them to handle. Without them, I would get to where I’m going on time and stress-free. Who needs that sort of nonsense?
- I’m thankful for skinny women who complain about being fat-shamed, fat women who complain about being fat-shamed, and just-the-right-size women who complain about being fat-shamed – because I had just started to figure out how women think.
- I’m thankful for an entire generation of college kids that are so fragile and sensitive that the very mention of unsavory ideas requires counseling and the immediate construction of areas where the First Amendment is suspended. I’m thankful for those kids because they make every previous generation, including the hippies, look a lot better.
Interesting Players for Week 12
If you’re interested, here is the list of the Top 10 at each offensive position (along with a relative value) for this weekend’s games. Use it to gauge how two players compare. For example, if Tom Brady has an Fantasy Football Ranking System (FFRS) of 44 this week and Derek Carr has a 33, then you should think of Brady as being a 33 percent stronger play than Carr this week. Use these FFRS for standard fantasy leagues for waivers or lineup decisions; in daily leagues use the relative nature of the FFRS to gauge dollar values between players.
Good luck! (Points per reception scoring is used for the FFRS rankings below)
Top 10 QB Plays:
- Tom Brady, New England (vs. Denver) – 21.37
- Carson Palmer, Arizona (vs. San Francisco) – 20.99
- Drew Brees, New Orleans (vs. Houston) – 20.41
- Philip Rivers, San Diego (vs. Jacksonville) – 19.26
- Eli Manning, New York Giants (vs. Washington) – 18.85
- Derek Carr, Oakland (vs. Tennessee) – 18.45
- Andy Dalton, Cincinnaticinnati (vs. St. Louis) – 18.27
- Blake Bortles, Jacksonville (vs. San Diego) – 18.24
- Jameis Winston, Tampa Bay (vs. Indianapolis) – 18.16
Marcus Mariota, Tennessee (vs. Oakland) – 18.16
Top 10 RB Plays:
- Adrian Peterson, Minnesota(vs. Atlanta) – 20.22
- Todd Gurley, St. Louis (vs. Cincinnati) – 19.17
- Chris Ivory, New York Jets (vs. Miami) – 18.65
- Doug Martin, Tampa Bay (vs. Indianapolis) – 18.13
- Lamar Miller, Miami (vs. New York Jets) – 17.28
- T.J. Yeldon, Jacksonville (vs. San Diego) – 17.03
- LeSean McCoy, Buffalo (vs. Kansas City) – 16.65
- LeGarrette Blount, New England (vs. Denver) – 15.49
- Frank Gore, Indianapolis (vs. Tampa Bay) – 14.52
- Latavius Murray, Oakland (vs. Tennessee) – 14.41
Top 10 WR Plays:
- DeAndre Hopkins, Houston (vs. New Orleans) – 26.99
- Julio Jones, Atlanta (vs. Minnesota) – 26.58
- Odell Beckham, New York Giants (vs. Washington) – 24.32
- Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh (vs. Seattle) – 23.12
- Demaryius Thomas, Denver (vs. New England) – 22.65
- Brandon Marshall, New York Jets (vs. Miami) – 21.94
- Travis Benjamin, Cleveland (vs. Baltimore) – 21.42
- Mike Evans, Tampa Bay (vs. Indianapolis) – 20.67
- Allen Robinson, Jacksonville (vs. San Diego) – 20.61
- Brandin Cooks, New Orleans (vs. Houston) – 20.03
Top 10 TE Plays:
- Jordan Reed, Washington (vs. New York Giants) – 16.65
- Rob Gronkowski, New England (vs. Denver) – 16.48
- Delanie Walker, Tennessee(vs. Oakland) – 15.14
- Tyler Eifert, Cincinnati (vs. St. Louis) – 14.58
- Gary Barnidge, Cleveland (vs. Baltimore) – 14.12
- Antonio Gates, San Diego (vs. Jacksonville) – 13.92
- Jimmy Graham, Seattle (vs. Pittsburgh) – 12.40
- Crockett Gillmore, Baltimore (vs. Cleveland) – 11.76
- Travis Kelce, Kansas City (vs. Buffalo) – 11.63
- Ben Watson, New Orleans (vs. Houston) – 11.54