Welcome to The Lowdown for Week 13. This is my little corner of the fantasy football universe — feel free to pull up a chair and stay a while!
What Have Y0u Done For Me Lately?
The Giants have decided to officially tank the season in an effort to secure a top three pick. Why else would they bench two-time Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning? Giants fans everywhere are upset, angry, and talking about boycotting the team.
Relax, folks. As a die-hard Giants fan, I can’t say I’m completely against this move; Manning is clearly in the waning years of his career, and the team wants to know in which direction the 2018 Draft needs to go for them. Now, I’m not happy that Geno Smith is getting the nod this week– Davis Webb needs to get the playing time so the team can see how he performs under game conditions. Personally, if Webb shows a glimmer of promise, I’d like for the Giants go after Penn State running back Saquon Barkley; otherwise, they’ll grab their QB of the future.
But what of Eli? Supposedly, Manning was given the courtesy option of keeping his consecutive starting streak alive; to his credit, Manning said he didn’t want the pity starts. The Giants could have handled the Manning benching better; if they had, they might have talked him into staying on the team and acting as backup quarterback and mentor to his eventual successor. As it is now, I’m sure that 2018 will find Manning in either a Cardinals or Jaguars uniform.
The lesson here for the children? Be smart, never stop learning, and make sure you always have a Plan B.
Interesting Players for This Week
Straight from the flawless algorithms of Mighty Max come the top match-ups at every offensive position for this weekend’s games…
- Russell Wilson – SEA (vs. PHI) : 100.00
- Tom Brady – NEP (vs. BUF) : 91.83
- Carson Wentz – PHI (vs. SEA) : 90.18
- Alex Smith – KCC (vs. NYJ) : 87.25
- Cam Newton – CAR (vs. NOS) : 82.55
- Jared Goff – LAR (vs. ARI) : 80.45
- Blaine Gabbert – ARI (vs. LAR) : 77.31
- Philip Rivers – LAC (vs. CLE) : 76.50
- Matthew Stafford – DET (vs. BAL) : 75.51
- Drew Brees – NOS (vs. CAR) : 75.27
- Josh McCown – NYJ (vs. KCC) : 74.54
- Tyrod Taylor – BUF (vs. NEP) : 72.75
- Marcus Mariota – TEN (vs. HOU) : 70.48
- Ben Roethlisberger – PIT (vs. CIN) : 70.33
- Case Keenum – MIN (vs. ATL) : 69.77
- Todd Gurley – LAR (vs. ARI) : 100.00
- Le’Veon Bell – PIT (vs. CIN) : 97.47
- Leonard Fournette – JAC (vs. IND) : 82.80
- Kareem Hunt – KCC (vs. NYJ) : 79.81
- LeSean McCoy – BUF (vs. NEP) : 77.87
- Melvin Gordon – LAC (vs. CLE) : 77.34
- Mark Ingram – NOS (vs. CAR) : 73.88
- Carlos Hyde – SFO (vs. CHI) : 70.13
- Lamar Miller – HOU (vs. TEN) : 64.87
- Alvin Kamara – NOS (vs. CAR) : 63.83
- Jordan Howard – CHI (vs. SFO) : 63.69
- Devonta Freeman – ATL (vs. MIN) : 53.21
- DeMarco Murray – TEN (vs. HOU) : 51.62
- Jerick McKinnon – MIN (vs. ATL) : 51.27
- Christian McCaffrey – CAR (vs. NOS) : 51.11