Welcome to The Lowdown for Week 17. This is my little corner of the fantasy football universe — feel free to pull up a chair and stay a while!
It’s Time to Say Good-Bye
Well, it’s the last week of the NFL’s regular season– which means it’s also the final edition of this year’s Lowdown. For those of you that have followed this column during the season, I hope that I was able to help guide you to some victories; for those that didn’t regularly follow this column, or whom I led to disastrous ruin… why are you reading this?
If you’re still interested in the Interesting Players for This Week, that means you’re in the Championship game for your league– so good luck to you!
And to everyone, I hope you enjoyed your holidays, and I wish you all a Happy New Year! Please consider following my NSFW video podcast, The Riot, all year long.
Interesting Players for This Week
Straight from the flawless algorithms of Mighty Max come the top match-ups at every offensive position for this weekend’s games…
- Russell Wilson – SEA (vs. ARI) : 100.00
- Kirk Cousins – WAS (vs. NYG) : 89.83
- Ben Roethlisberger – PIT (vs. CLE) : 82.34
- Matthew Stafford – DET (vs. GBP) : 81.79
- Drew Brees – NOS (vs. TBB) : 78.85
- Blake Bortles – JAC (vs. TEN) : 77.21
- Dak Prescott – DAL (vs. PHI) : 76.78
- Philip Rivers – LAC (vs. OAK) : 74.52
- Jameis Winston – TBB (vs. NOS) : 72.53
- Tyrod Taylor – BUF (vs. MIA) : 69.92
- Tom Brady – NEP (vs. NYJ) : 67.24
- Matt Ryan – ATL (vs. CAR) : 67.06
- Case Keenum – MIN (vs. CHI) : 66.56
- Jacoby Brissett – IND (vs. HOU) : 65.32
- Cam Newton – CAR (vs. ATL) : 65.09
Week 17 is always tough to navigate for fantasy owners, because you never know who’ll be sitting, who’ll be playing just two quarters, etc. So the players on losing teams fighting for their jobs and those fighting for a playoff spot (or playoff positioning) are the ones to focus on. Guys like Russell Wilson, Philip Rivers, Matt Ryan, Cam Newton all make for strong players.
- Le’Veon Bell – PIT (vs. CLE) : 100.00
- Ezekiel Elliott – DAL (vs. PHI) : 86.48
- Mark Ingram – NOS (vs. TBB) : 81.44
- LeSean McCoy – BUF (vs. MIA) : 79.80
- Kareem Hunt – KCC (vs. DEN) : 79.17
- Leonard Fournette – JAC (vs. TEN) : 77.35
- Christian McCaffrey – CAR (vs. ATL) : 65.46
- Carlos Hyde – SFO (vs. LAR) : 65.25
- Alvin Kamara – NOS (vs. TBB) : 64.11
- Melvin Gordon – LAC (vs. OAK) : 59.11
- Lamar Miller – HOU (vs. IND) : 58.33
- Devonta Freeman – ATL (vs. CAR) : 55.78
- Alex Collins – BAL (vs. CIN) : 52.72
- Jordan Howard – CHI (vs. MIN) : 51.81
- Marshawn Lynch – OAK (vs. LAC) : 51.05
Mark Ingram is more likely to play for more of the game than Alvin Kamra, in the event the Saints end up blowing out the Bucs early… Carlos Hyde has been quietly effective as an RB2, and will be playing hard for a max contract in 2018, when he hits the free agent market.