Welcome to The Lowdown for Week 4. This is my little corner of the fantasy football universe — feel free to pull up a chair and stay a while!
I Is a Fantasy Football Expert
The Rams-Vikings game this past Thursday was quite entertaining… unless you’re a professional fantasy football expert. If you have the misfortune of being an “expert” then that game, like every other Thursday Night Football contest, blows. No real time to do a thorough analysis, no real injury reports, just about everything is a rumor.
After this week’s TNF shootout, I was flooded by Facebook and Twitter messages asking if I had recommended Jared Goff, Kirk Cousins and Robert Woods… to which I proudly replied “Of course not!”. I barely had enough forethought to take Dalvin Cook out of my lineup, let alone sit and figure out Goff would be like the second coming of Drew Brees.
FYI, if any so-called “expert” tells you he had called the Goff, Woods or even Cooper Kupp performances– he’s lying. Don’t be suckers all your lives.
Interesting Players for This Week
Straight from the flawless algorithms of Mighty Max come the top match-ups at every offensive position for this weekend’s games …
Teams on bye this week: Carolina, Washington.
1. Ryan Fitzpatrick, TBB (vs. Chi) – 37.97
2. Patrick Mahomes, KCC (vs. Den) – 37.93
3. Drew Brees, NOS (vs. NYG) – 37.33
4. Matt Ryan, ATL (vs. Cin) – 36.51
5. Joe Flacco, BAL (vs. Pit) – 34.43
6. Philip Rivers, LAC (vs. SFO) – 33.92
7. Andy Dalton, CIN (vs. Atl) – 32.27
8. Ben Roethlisberger, PIT (vs. Bal) – 30.59
9. Ryan Tannehill, MIA (vs. NEP) – 30.46
10. Eli Manning, NYG (vs. NOS) – 30.17
11. Case Keenum, DEN (vs. KCC) – 27.45
12. Deshaun Watson, HOU (vs. Ind) – 27.29
13. Josh Allen, BUF (vs. GBP) – 26.76
14. Russell Wilson, SEA (vs. Ari) – 26.43
15. Matthew Stafford, DET (vs. Dal) – 26.01
I know, I know… I can hear people saying “Ryan Fitzpatrick at #1? But he crashed back to Earth last week, how can he be the top play this week?” Here’s the reason why: Fitz didn’t really crash back to Earth, unless all of a sudden 30-50-411 with 3 TDs is considered poor fantasy play (hint: it isn’t)… Ryan Tannehill has a big game this week against divisional foe New England, and he can do a lot to build teammates’ confidence in him with an impressive performance… Eli Manning should have a solid game against the Saints because… well… everyone has a solid game against the Saints’ defense.