Welcome to The Lowdown for Week 6. This is my little corner of the fantasy football universe — feel free to pull up a chair and stay a while!
A New Approach
You might notice some slight differences in this week’s rankings… and you should! Basically, I’ve tweaked my algorithm to incorporate my new Consistency Plus as the base player rating– then worked in injury, depth chart, and weather info; opponent’s performance; and more. The end result should be even more accurate rankings.
Teams on Bye this week: Buffalo, Cincinnati, Dallas and Seattle.
Interesting Players for This Week
Not necessarily the players in line for the biggest games this week, but rather some players that caught my interest and upon whom I shall cast my gaze…
1. Deshaun Watson, HOU (vs. CLE) – 85.42
2. Alex Smith, KCC (vs. PIT) – 82.29
3. Aaron Rodgers, GBP (vs. MIN) – 80.61
4. Drew Brees, NOS (vs. DET) – 72.96
5. Jameis Winston, TBB (vs. ARI) – 70.04
6. Kirk Cousins, WAS (vs. SFO) – 69.67
7. Tom Brady, NEP (vs. NYJ) – 63.24
8. Trevor Siemian, DEN (vs. NYG) – 61.87
9. Matthew Stafford, DET (vs. NOS) – 61.78
10. Philip Rivers, LAC (vs. OAK) – 59.77
Deshaun Watson has been incredibly impressive thus far, and going up against a weak Browns’ defense makes him the top play in Week 6… looking for a bye week fill-in? Give Broncos QB Trevor Siemian a look… The Saints-Lions game looks like it’ll be a bit of a shootout, as Drew Brees and Matthew Stafford are both high-floor players with tremendous upside potential.
1. Kareem Hunt, KCC (vs. PIT) – 89.13
2. Todd Gurley, LAR (vs. JAC) – 87.34
3. Le’Veon Bell, PIT (vs. KCC) – 63.46
4. Melvin Gordon, LAC (vs. OAK) – 61.63
5. Devonta Freeman, ATL (vs. MIA) – 61.46
6. Leonard Fournette, JAC (vs. LAR) – 57.75
7. C.J. Anderson, DEN (vs. NYG) – 52.44
8. Chris Thompson, WAS (vs. SFO) – 49.53
9. Jordan Howard, CHI (vs. BAL) – 48.21
10. Lamar Miller, HOU (vs. CLE) – 47.24
The Giants have had trouble stopping the run all season, and there’s no reason to think that’ll change this week; expect C.J. Anderson to put up his best game of the season… Chris Thompson has been somewhat ignored the past two games, but the opportunity is there for the Redskins to feed him the ball this week against the 49ers.