Oh… You Didn’t Know?
OK… I just need the excuse to write an article where I get to use the catch phrase of one of my favorite all-time tag teams: the New Age Outlaws.
I told you last week that I was looking to rename these rankings, and I settled on New Age Rankings. I settled on this name because I wanted something to evoke a new paradigm, but also something that’s extremely effective in getting its job done.
Just like the Road Dogg and the Bad Ass…
- PPG: Points per game; calculated by standard points per reception scoring.
- CoV: Coefficient of Variance; a measure of a player’s consistency.
- Normalized PPG: the player’s PPG score, expressed as a value between 0 and 100.
- Normalized CoV: the player’s CoV score, expressed as a value between 0 and 100.
- N.A.R.: the player’s New Age Ranking, expressed as a value between 0 and 100.
Carson Wentz continues to play lights out football, producing lots of points at a pretty consistent level for his owners. Jared Goff, the man who will forever be joined at Wentz’ hip (and vice-versa) is having an almost as impressive season as Wentz; he just need to ratchet up his scoring a bit to move up the rankings. It’s sad to see the vaunted Class of 2004 sink to their current depths… they came in to the league together, will they retire together? Phillip Rivers (#17), Eli Manning (#21), and Ben Roethlisberger (#26) all currently sit outside of QB1 territory in the rankings.