A new type of ranking system for a new breed of fantasy football players… the New Age Rankings.
- PPG: Points per game; calculated by standard points per reception scoring.
- CoV: Coefficient of Variance; a measure of a player’s consistency.
- Normalized PPG: the player’s PPG score, expressed as a value between 0 and 100 (the higher the better).
- Normalized CoV: the player’s CoV score, expressed as a value between 0 and 100 (the lower the better).
- N.A.R.: the player’s New Age Ranking, expressed as a value between 0 and 100 (the higher the better).
By this point in the season, the law of averages has kicked in and the Top-10 players on these types of lists are who we expected them to be… except perhaps for the #10 entry: Josh McCown. Want to know how bad things are for stats-driven fantasy football players like myself? I’m seriously considering starting McCown over Drew Brees this week for the first round of my FFL playoffs.