Multiple preseason games kicked off on Thursday night, so that means we are less than four weeks away from the opening Thursday night game. Now is a great time to get a headstart on some of the Week 1 matchups because DraftKings is giving away $2 million to first place in their $10M Millionaire Maker contest.
Since plenty can change from now until the start of the season, I will only get into a few of the Week 1 notes. However, if you dissect the player list and analyze their salaries, you can begin to find some pieces to your Week 1 lineup.
Here are a few nuggets from the Week 1 QB salaries:
- $8,600 for Aaron Rodgers at Chicago is too cheap (last season vs. Chicago – 617 passing yards, 10 TD).
- $7,400 for Eli Manning at Dallas is a good value in a game that should feature plenty of passing.
- $7,300 for Tony Romo vs. New York Giants is also a good value for the same reason as Manning.
- RB: Giovani Bernard, Cincinnati ($4,700) at Oakland – This is obviously a situation to monitor as we near Week 1. This price tag is very cheap so he should be able to meet value against Oakland, but hopefully we can gauge how many touches he will lose to Jeremy Hill during the preseason.
- WR: Jordan Matthews, Philadelphia ($7,200) at Atlanta – The question with Matthews is his quarterback. It will be good to get a look at Sam Bradford this preseason to see if he can handle the high-flying Philadelphia offense. This game in the dome should feature plenty of points.
- TE: Jordan Cameron, Miami ($3,800) at Washington – Prices at this position are cheap in Week 1 so I would find a value in the $3,000 level. I was between a few options at this position: Jason Witten ($4,000) and Charles Clay ($3,700). I don’t think it is worth the extra $1,000 or more to pick one of the top three options (Jimmy Graham, Travis Kelce, Julius Thomas).
Quick glance defensive selection:
- $2,800 – Tampa Bay (vs. Tennessee) – Obviously, we are still a few weeks away so I will need to give this more thought, but I like the price/matchup that Tampa Bay has at home in Week 1.
Take these notes, sign up for the $10M Millionaire Maker contest, and toy around with your lineup. Remember, you can reserve your spot today, but still edit your team until kickoff on Sunday at each player’s specific game time!