Organized team activities are winding down as full-fledged training camps are right around the corner. It’s time to regurgitate and reiterate these stories as many times as possible.
is either a 30-touch running back, a running back that will be pulled at the goal line, part of a committee or a guy that might not survive the season if he’s given the ball more. It all depends on which beat reporter is asking coach Bruce Arians the same question that day.
for the starting job?
had a cooler sounding name but “Devonta” isn’t too shabby in its own right.
is just way too boring of a name to be good any more. I can only assume this will be the focal point on this season’s Hard Knocks.
– Who wants to buy the Bills? Hockey owners, former rock stars, toupee wearing real estate moguls and now the owner of Pabst Blue Ribbon. Hipsters are going to love wearing Bills t-shirts.
– This is Cam Newton’s team now because a past-his-prime 35-year-old receiver is not there anymore. Oh, and the offensive line is a huge question mark thanks to a flood of retirees. Good luck!
– Only in Cincinnati can someone named the “Law Firm” (BenJarvus Green-Ellis) lose his job to someone with off-field issues (second-round draft pick Jeremy Hill). Hey-o! I’m here all week, tip your waitresses.
– The one thing to talk about in Cleveland this offseason is the battle for the second inside linebacker job between incumbent
. It’s all anyone is talking about.
– Owner Jerry Jones’ free spending has left the Cowboys with very little depth at any position on defense, but especially at linebacker now that
has been lost. So maybe the Cowboys should pay Dez Bryant a bunch of money right now.
– How many other high school and college offenses will adopt Peyton Manning’s “Omaha” yelp? Let’s hear more about that and never talk about last year’s Super Bowl again.
– Mathew Stafford has matured so much this offseason. Sure, he didn’t work closely with a quarterback’s coach but at least he’s wearing his hat the right direction now.
does not want to catch passes from any of the quarterbacks on that roster. Will they trade him? Will he renegotiate his contract? Will he hold out? Yes, is the answer to only one of these questions.
– Billionaire Owner Jim Irsay needs rehabilitation. Irsay needs a stiff penalty. Irsay should be treated the same way as one of his employees. Suspensions!
is the future but the future is definitely not now because the Jaguars have this guy
who wasn’t that good before, not that good now and won’t be good in the future. Sounds like a great plan.
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
wants to be paid like a star quarterback (which he’s not) and not like this decade’s version of Trent Dilfer (which he is).
– Center Mike Pouncey has no regrets on how last season went and feels like he doesn’t need to attend the league-mandated mental health evaluation. Somehow these two statements are related. Let’s hear more about the different atmosphere in Miami.
– The desire to ease Teddy Bridgewater against the reality that
is the only other option should get the rookie on the field sooner than later. However, now we conveniently find out offensive coordinator Norv Turner wanted
last year. Timing!
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
– The Patriots don’t have a move tight end. If you haven’t heard, the last one turned out to be not that nice of a guy. It’s anyone’s guess how many times Patriots’ reporters will mention the lack of move tight end on the roster and how the brilliant coach Bill Belichick will play to his roster’s strength and simply put more receivers on the field. Just brilliant.
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
is a wide receiver in the disguise of a tight end or a tight end in the disguise of a receiver. Is a holdout coming? Will the Saints set aside money in his contract for his goal post dunking? Will
continue to throw him under the bus?
NEW YORK GIANTS
is entering the decline phase of his career. Or, he just played hurt behind a bad offensive line with a lack of playmakers and will rebound this season. There will be no shortage of stories on both angles.
NEW YORK JETS
– It’s probably going to be pretty, pretty, pretty boring in Jets camp this year. Not much going on.
– Coach Chip Kelly is so dreamy. There are so many weapons on this team. Oh look, Jeremy Maclin is back and healthy. Zach Ertz is going to break out.
is the best running back in the NFL. This offense is going to be so much faster in Year 2, says everybody.
– As the Steelers transition defensive leaders from Troy Polamalu to
the only real loser is Head & Shoulders shampoo.
SAN DIEGO CHARGERS – Was Philip Rivers’ renaissance the work of coach Mike McCoy or offensive coordinator Ken Wisenhunt and quarterbacks coach Frank Reich?
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
and Alex Boone want to get paid. Colin Kaepernick is due a big contract.
has some baby mama drama.
is healthy (or not).
’s legal issue. Coach Jim Harbaugh’s contract is still unresolved. Pick a distraction, any distraction.
– The Seahawks paid everyone this offseason (besides
) and probably would have paid
if they were allowed to. Not much to drive you crazy here besides a chance at “repeat” talk. Until then, let’s just guess when the Seahawks will move on from Marshawn Lynch.
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
– Coach Lovie Smith is ready to get the Buccaneers fired up so they can underachieve like no other team can underachieve. The city of Tampa Bay isn’t ready for the battle royale that will be Mike Glennon vs. Josh McCown. Feel the energy!
– There is not much going on here, so let’s just talk about
as much as possible. It will distract from anyone mentioning
is being backed-up by a sixth-round rookie and
WASHINGTON REDSKINS – Daniel Snyder probably misses