Howdy Sharkfans! I don’t know why, but things seem to really be heating up in IDP-land lately. Maybe it’s just because a lot of my guys have been producing for me…finally. Or perhaps it’s just because it’s the final push for playoff run for a lot of us. Whatever the reason, it certainly can be a lot of fun this time of year.
Well, here are some of what I consider to be good match-ups for week #11. I try to take a look at some lesser known guys each week, but if the match-up is real good then I’m bound to mention anyone.
No more Bye weeks!
DT – Tony Brown TEN and Shaun Smith CLE
– I really wanted to mention
Albert Haynesworth here as he’s really been playing well. But he’s been hurt and may not play again this week. So, as a change of pace, I’m giving Brown and Smith a little press. Who are these guys? To be honest, I don’t really know as I tend to not focus a whole lot on DTs during the season. Well-known or not their numbers have been solid over the past few weeks. Both of these guys should be good for 3 or 4 tackles, 1 or 2 assists, and perhaps a sack – I’ll take that from a DT any day.
DE – Robert
– I hesitate with Mathis a little only because
Dwight Freeney is out and KC might focus on him a little more. This should be a good match-up though on paper; I think Mathis will produce some good points on Sunday.
Justin Smith CIN
– Smith hasn’t been quite as productive as he was last year, but his numbers have been excellent lately. He should get a lot of opportunities this weekend going against
DE – Kyle Vanden Bosch TEN
– This isn’t the greatest match-up this week, but I’m going to go with a hunch and say my man Kyle will do pretty well with the Broncos this week.
DEs – NY Giants vs.
– I beg you, please don’t sit your NYG DLs this week….
LB – Robert Thomas OAK
– Thomas has been a hot waiver wire commodity this week. He’s been handed the starting strongside LB job in
LB – Matt Wilhelm SD –
Wilhelm is finally putting up the numbers that I thought he was capable of at the beginning of the season. He should have a good match-up against
LB – Kevin Burnett DAL
– He’s another guy that is getting grabbed up off of waivers this week. I’m a little leery about the Dallas IDPs right now, but Burnett has been producing lately, so if you need a spot filler then he’s definitely worth grabbing.
LB – David Harris NYJ
– I think
Jonathon Vilma’s days as a New York Jet are done. With a one to two year recovery for his knee, he’s going to be fortunate just to play regularly again. Harris is stepping into his place and he is smokin’ hot right now.
– Hart is coming off of a huge week against the Colts and he should have a nice match-up with the Jags this week. I don’t think 5 or 6 tackles is out of the question for him on Sunday.
S – Michael Lewis SF
– Lewis has been great the past few weeks. I like that IDP trend to continue with 6 or 7 tackles this week and maybe a pick.
CB – Ken Lucas CAR
– I’m not sure what has prompted Lucas’ production lately, but I’ll take his recent IDP points any time. Favre will be airing it out on Sunday so Lucas should continue his trend in a good way.
CB – Leon Hall CIN
– This rookie has been coming into his own the last couple of weeks and I’ve got to believe that Arizona will continue to try to throw on him this week too – should be a good match-up.
That’s a wrap of another Seadog Report. Hopefully, I was able to help out a few of you with some of my match-up suggestions. Thanks for reading – see you next week!