Howdy Sharkfans! After watching
Osi Umenyiora’s awesome IDP performance last week, I can’t help but feel for Eagle’s left tackle Winston Justice. Could they not give that guy a hand? I mean, come on, the guy was getting toasted on every single play – hello! Hats off to Osi though – he really took it to him.
Well, here are some of what I consider to be good match-ups for week #5. I try to take a look at some lesser known guys each week, but if the match-up is real good then I’m bound to mention anyone.
Don’t forget the byes this week:
Bengals, Vikings, Raiders, Eagles
DT – Darnell Dockett ARI
– I know that I’ve mentioned Dockett before, but this is a good match-up against the Rams… plus he’s tearing it up at the DT position right now.
DE – Andre Carter WAS
– I’m sounding like a broken record, but
DE – Osi Umenyiora NYG
– Osi gets the nod here just because of his awesome bull rush last week against the Eagles… plus he’s going against the Jets this week. Ride the wave.
LB – Patrick Willis SF
– I knew Willis would be a good player, but I wondered how he would produce as a rookie this year. He’s been looking pretty good lately and going against the Ravens should net him some solid IDP points once again.
LBs – Jon Beason and Thomas Davis CAR
– These two young players should do pretty well against
Reggie Bush this week. I like the match-up. Forget about
Dan Morgan. Time to get off the stage Dan…
LB – Morlon Greenwood HOU
– DeMeco is getting the fanfare in
LB – DJ Williams DEN
– DJ is an every week player if you are in deep IDP leagues, but if you are in a less extensive IDP league he might be hanging around on waivers. He should have a pretty good week playing against LT and the Chargers on Sunday.
S – Reggie Nelson JAX
– The Chiefs are poised to breakout and I expect Reggie to see a healthy dose of
Larry Johnson this week. He’s definitely worth a shot to put up some decent IDP points for you.
– Going back to the San Diego – Denver match-up this week. To be honest with you, Hart is not an IDP barn-burner, but if you look at his numbers they’ve been steady all season. I’ll take his 12-15 points and run with it.
CB Kiwaukee Thomas BUF
– This guy will be chasing Cowboy wide-receivers all over the field this week. Hopefully, there will be some tackles involved. I can’t believe how bad the Bill’s defense has been hit with injuries this year.
CBs – Leigh Bodden, Eric Wright, and Daven Holly CLE
– I’ve got to believe that Tom Brady will be testing these DBs all game long. They could each have double-digit IDP points this week.
That’s a wrap of another Seadog Report. Hopefully, I was able to help out a few of you with some of my match-up suggestions. Thanks for reading – see you next week!