Howdy Sharkfans! It seems like there are still some pretty good grabs to be had on the IDP waiver wires, at least in the various leagues that I’m involved in. In general, there’s some great points coming out of the CB position (more than I would have guessed) but LBs are starting to get pretty sparse. Well, at this point, take what you can get and play to your strengths. If you have strong DBs, then play them over weak LBs. The line that LBs are always fantasy gold may not be true in some situations.
Well, here are some of what I consider to be good match-ups for week #7. I try to take a look at some lesser known guys each week, but if the match-up is real good then I’m bound to mention anyone.
Don’t forget the byes this week:
Panthers, Browns, Packers, Chargers
DE – Adewale Ogunleye CHI
– “Wally” hasn’t been on the Seadog Report this year as I kind of lost faith in him due to some letdowns on my team from last year. However, I’ve got to give him some ink this week as he’s been fairly steady with the IDP production and I think he’ll do okay matching up against the Eagles.
DE – Justin Tuck NYG
– Osi and Strahan get the press in
DE – Marques Douglas SF
– This guy is tearing it up for DEs in the IDP realm. If you haven’t discovered him by now then it’s time to wake-up.
LB – Monty Beisel ARI
– Normally, I would never recommend Beisel as a good play, but
Karlos Dansby is out for a while and Beisel is in. 8 tackles and 2 assists last week is pretty solid.
LB – Michael Boley ATL
– I’ve totally missed it with Boley this year. The guy has been doing great from the strongside position. I’d like to see him get another interception this week against the Saints.
LB – Jonathon Vilma NYJ
– Vilma has kind of dropped off the face of the earth since the Jet’s went to the 3-4 defense. But I’m seeing some signs of life lately. Don’t be afraid to play him, especially in deep leagues.
LB – Demarcus Ware DAL
– I usually don’t like guys like Ware – DLs in LB clothing – but lately he’s been getting some decent tackle numbers to go along with a few sacks. It’s time to ride him while he’s hot.
– The last three weeks his numbers have been solid. He would make a good bye week fill-in at safety this week.
S – Kerry Rhodes NYJ
CB – Phillip Buchanon TB
– He’s another guy that I had written off for dead. His IDP points have been awesome the last three weeks and I like him this week too as the Bucs will be trying to cover Detroits wideouts all day on Sunday.
CB – Deangelo Hall ATL
– Hall has had his issues with the Falcon’s organization earlier this season, but he certainly had a monster game last week. I like this match-up against the Saints and maybe some of the “point-flow” from last week will carry over to this week. He’s certainly worth a shot if you need a fill-in player for your line-up.
That’s a wrap of another Seadog Report. Hopefully, I was able to help out a few of you with some of my match-up suggestions. Thanks for reading – see you next week!