Howdy Sharkfans! It’s a short and sweet Seadog Report this week. When there’s six teams on a bye it narrows the playing field down quite a bit. There’s a lot of waiver wire activity on the boards right now. Maybe some Seadog suggestions will help some of you facing some of the bye week woes this week.
Well, here are some of what I consider to be good match-ups for week #8. I try to take a look at some lesser known guys each week, but if the match-up is real good then I’m bound to mention anyone.
Don’t forget the byes this week:
Cardinals, Falcons, Ravens, Cowboys, Chiefs, Seahawks
DT – Hollis Thomas NO
– Thomas has been one of the top DTs in the realm of IDPs the last few weeks. He should continue that trend this week against the 49ers.
DE – Paul Spicer JAX
DE – Trent Cole PHI
DE – Mark Anderson CHI
LB – Will Witherspoon STL
– I haven’t mentioned Witherspoon much this season, but he’s been on target lately and he deserves some ink. Don’t sit him Sunday.
LB – Derrick Brooks TB
– Brooks hasn’t been the shining star for the Buc’s this year as
Barrett Ruud has taken over the limelight this first half of the year. However, Brooks has been lighting it up the past few weeks. I like him again this week.
LB – D’Qwell Jackson CLE
– He was red-hot before his bye last week. I don’t think he will disappoint on Sunday either.
LB – Ben Leber MIN
– If you are looking for a waiver pick-up this week then you might want to consider Leber this week. He’s been earning 3rd down playing time over Greenway. He might make a good spot start on week #8 for you.
S – Sean Taylor WAS
S – Atari Bigby GB
– If you haven’t heard about this guy yet, then you haven’t been reading
CB – Carlos Rogers WAS
CB – Fakhir Brown STL
– Brown has been hot the last three weeks. I like the Brown vs. the Browns match-up on Sunday.
That’s a wrap of another Seadog Report. Hopefully, I was able to help out a few of you with some of my match-up suggestions. Thanks for reading – see you next week!