This is a list of 100 simple, yet interesting stats heading into the 2018 season. While these aren’t exactly “next level advanced statistics,” I still found them to be intriguing.
1. The Dallas Cowboys are 19-6 in games where Ezekiel Elliott plays.
2. In his 25 career games, Ezekiel Elliot has averaged 22.5 carries per game. Extrapolated to a full 16 game season, that’s 360 rushing attempts.
4. In the 7 games Dak has played without Ezekiel Elliott, he has averaged 169 passing yards per game.
5. Since 2000, four RB’s have had at least 700 rushing yards, 800 receiving yards, 13 total TD’s in a single season. They are: Marshall Faulk (2000), Steven Jackson (2006), David Johnson (2016)….and Alvin Kamara (2017)
6. In 2017, the Saints were 8-2 in games where Alvin Kamara scored a TD.
7. They were 3-3 in games where he did not score a TD.
8. Kamara had at least 5 receptions, 40 receiving yards in 9-of-16 games.
9. He had at least 75 rushing yards in just three games, which makes his receiving numbers all the more impressive, considering he still was able to finish as the 3rd best PPR RB in 2017.
10. Since 2015, one WR has had at least 100 receptions, 1,000 receiving yards and played in all 16 games each of the past three seasons. His name is Larry Fitzgerald. He is currently going at the end of the 3rd round / early in the 4th round in MFL10 drafts.
11. In the last two seasons, one RB has played in all 16 games both seasons, had at least 260 rushing attempts, 900 rushing yards in both seasons. That RB is Frank Gore.
Side by side comparisons time….
Melvin Gordon (currently going in the 2nd round of MFL10’s)
2016 – 254 rushing attempts, 997 rushing yards, 10 rushing TD’s
2017 – 284 rushing attempts, 1,105 rushing yards, 8 rushing TD’s
Frank Gore (currently going in the 15th round of MFL10’s)
2016 – 263 rushing attempts, 1,025 rushing yards, 4 rushing TD’s
2017 – 261 rushing attempts, 961 rushing yards, 3 rushing TD’s
13. Since 2015, one RB has played in all 16 games each season and has had at least 50 receptions, 500 receiving yards in each of those seasons. That RB is Duke Johnson.
14. Duke Johnson has had at least 4 receptions in 27 of his 48 career games.
15. Duke Johnson is currently going as RB31 in MFL10’s.
16. In his 2nd season in 2017, Michael Thomas had at least 70 receiving yards in 11-of-16 games.
17. He had at least 5 receptions in 14-of-16 games.
18. He had at least 14 PPR fantasy points in 11-of-16 games.
19. Michael Thomas has had at least 6 receptions and 50 receiving yards in 18 of his 31 career games.
20. The New Orleans Saints are 9-3 when Michael Thomas scores a touchdown.
21. Since 2014, one WR has played in all 16 games each season and had at least 90 receptions in each of those seasons. That WR is Golden Tate.
22. Since 2014, one WR has played in all 16 games each season and had at least 825 receiving yards in each of those seasons. That WR is Doug Baldwin.
25. Todd Gurley averaged at least 4.5 YPC in 8 of the 15 games he played last season.