Greetings Sharkfans, welcome to the latest installment of the Seadog Report! I’m not a happy camper this week; four teams and four losses. I couldn’t seem to pick DL’s for the life of me. Let’s hope this was just a blip on the radar for ol’ Seadog as I attempt to right the ship this week. A lot of the following recommendations I’m making, are match-ups that I’m personally dealing with for week 5. Let’s see if I can follow my own advice.
This past week’s Top Dawgs
DL Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila GB 7 tackles, 2 sacks, and 1 forced fumble.
LB Keith Brooking ATL 8 tackles 1 assist, 1 sack, 1 int, and 1 pass-defensed.
DB Gibril Wilson NYG 11 tackles, 1 assist, and 1 forced fumble.
Seadog’s picks of the week
DL Indianapolis vs. San Francisco Freeney is a no-brainer, but, this is a great week to play any Colt DL’s you might have on your roster. This is a great week to play any Colt IDP’s against the 49ers and a new rookie QB.
DL Kyle Vanden Bosch TEN vs. Houston Vanden Bosch has been on my recommendation list a couple of times already this year. Houston’s offensive line has allowed David Carr to be sacked way too many times this year. Kyle is up near the top of the league lead in sacks, so this match-up is too good to pass up this week.
DL Mike Patterson PHI vs. Dallas The Philly defense is going to turn up the heat on Drew Bledsoe this week. I think we’ll see some of the old Bledsoe, which bodes well for Philadelphia. Patterson has been a very steady IDP performer this year and I think he keeps it going against the Cowboys.
DL Adewale Ogunleye CHI vs. Cleveland We haven’t heard much from the Chicago DL this year. This will be the week.
LB Cincinnati vs. Jacksonville I think the Cincy LB’s will be making some big plays against the Jags this week.
LB James Farrior PIT vs. San Diego This will be a battle. Pittsburgh’s LB’s are banged up, but Farrior is a workhorse.
LB Nick Barnett GB vs. New Orlean’s Barnett is hot right now. He’s going to be busy against the Saint’s offense. He’s a good play this week.
DB St Louis vs. Seattle This is a match-up that should produce good fantasy points from both defensive backfields. Bombs away is the motto here!
DB Bob Sanders IND vs. San Francisco Sanders is an outstanding safety, but he was relatively quiet until last week. Like I said earlier, play your Colts this week. Sanders will be hot again this week too.
DB Sheldon Brown PHI vs. Dallas Sheldon Brown is kind of a streaky fantasy player. He’s on the upswing right now. I’m expecting another pick for him this week against Bledsoe and the Cowboys.
Well, that wraps up this segment of the Seadog Report. The next segment is based on a twelve team IDP-only league that has been started this year in the Sharktank. We call it “The Wall”. It is comprised of some IDP veterans as well as some IDP “newbies”. Regardless as to IDP background, these guys all know their way around fantasy football and are showing it in this league. We’d like for you to follow along with us this year to perhaps glean some insight into the wonderful world of IDPs (plus, it will give you a good chance to make fun of yours truly)
The Wall Report
This week featured the winless Hussy Bus team upending the previously undefeated GBalls team. The tides are changing a bit as we move into week 5. Some of the team names have changed each week, I’ll try to not confuse too much. Keep an eye out for Paddler as he is quietly dispersing his opponents with relative ease these days.
FECEFLINGERS (3-0-1) @ SEADOG (1-3)
Feceflingers, SJSwarm 157
Team Seadog, Seadog 144
– Once again Team Seadog bites the dust. This league is kicking my butt. This was actually a pretty evenly matched contest, with the big difference being at the DT position (Rod Coleman 15 points vs. William Joseph 2 points)
PANACHEVITZ (1-3) @ CHARGERS (2-2)
Snazzy Panazzy Panachevitz, Panachevitz 114
Lt1800 Chargers, lt1800 93
– Panachevitz has risen from the winless ranks as well, this week. While not an overpowering performance Team Panachevitz got the job done. Again it was the DL’s that made the difference in this contest. (Thornton, Weaver, Allen 31 pts over Gregg, Wistrom, Ware 16 pts)
LARCENY (2-1-1) @ HAS A KILLER D (1-3)
Brooklyn Larceny, CleffedUp 163
Andre the Giant Has A Killer D, DGack 104
– Cleffed’s team was firing on all cylinders this week and he just overwhelmed Dgack. Solid points from KGB, Brooking, Quarles, Smith. Dgack’s only bright spot was LB Marshall 21 pts)
DESTRUCTION (3-1) @ WRECKS (2-2)
Weapons of Mass Destruction, Paddler 200
Deck’s Wrecks, Decktard 139.5
– Paddler just crushed Decktard’s team this week while posting the Wall’s second consecutive 200 point performance. Bryant Young (Paddler’s secret weapon) put up a huge 25 points this week at the DT spot.
ROUGHNESS #42 (3-1) @ BEARS (1-3)
Necessary Roughness #42, Johnnyballgame 146.5
1985 Bears, SoCalIrishSports 141.5
– I’m going to say it right here, JBG’s victories haven’t been all that pretty, but he’s getting it done as his 3-1 record will attest. Tough break for team SoCal this week; this was a close one.
GBALLS (3-1) @ BUS (1-3)
Team Gballs, Gballs1 116
The Hussy Bus, Hussy Bus 124.5
– You knew it was only a matter of time. The Bus team pretty much guaranteed a victory this week and much like Joe Willie in ’69 they came through in the clutch. Once again it was the DL that proved to be a difference maker. Griffin, J Smith and W Smith 37 points vs. B Young, Douglas, and Brock 9 points. Nice job Bus!
Well, that’s it for this week – thanks for reading!