Howdy Sharkfans! Here is another quick hitter for the Seadog Report for Week 5. There are some interesting matchups going on this week, and I’ll try to give a few good recommendations and strong plays for your lineup. Some of these guys will be on the waiver wire and might make a good bye week filler or two.
DT – Fred Robbins, NYG
– Robbins is having another solid season this year. He’s got a favorable match-up against the Seahawks.
DE – Darnell Dockett, ARI
– Dockett has been up and down so far this season. I think that this will be one of his “up” weeks. I wouldn’t be surprised for him to get a couple of sacks going against
DE – Derrick Harvey, JAX
– You can probably throw Mark Anderson in there as well. The Bears defensive line has a very favorable matchup with
DE – Richard Seymour and
– I don’t usually recommend either of these guys anymore, but
– Throwing another Patriot player at you here, but I actually think Thomas is the stronger play over the two DL’s I just mentioned. The Patriots pass rush will be a good bet for this week. I even like Mike Vrabel especially if you get bonus points for sacks in your league.
– Tulloch looked like the sure starter, but now that may be up in the air. He’s probably going to start but keep an eye on this one.
– I shudder recommending a Detroit IDP, but it looks like Lenon is going to continue to be the MLB for the Lions. They have a good matchup against the Bears, so Lenon and Ernie Sims should be nice plays for you this week.
– E.J. Henderson is hurt (foot) and it looks like he might be out this week. Greenway has been more than solid, and if he moves over to the middle, he could be gold.
LB – Matt Wilhelm, SD
– Wilhelm has been a major disappointment for my expectations so far this year. He hasn’t been awful, but he hasn’t been that great. This is a week for him to improve his standing with me and the rest of the IDP world.
S – Marvin White, CIN
– White has been steady and solid so far and
S – Michael Lewis, SF
– Lewis gets the mention here based on his huge 11-tackle performance last week. He should do well against the Pats.
CB – Brent Grimes, ATL
– If Aaron Rodgers plays for
CB – Josh Wilson, SEA
– I mention Wilson mostly because of his kick returns. For those of you who play in IDP leagues that reward for kick return yardage, then Wilson might be a find for you right now. He’s been subbing for Kelly Jennings who has a cracked rib, so if you are thinking about playing him, check the status of who will be starting first.
Well, these are some of my recommendations for Week 5, and, as usual, thanks for reading!