Howdy Sharkfans! I’ve been doing IDP for a long time now and if I’ve learned one thing it is this – trying to predict IDP performance is a lot like trying to make a putt in golf. First, you study the green analyzing the breaks and the bumps, and then you hit the ball with the right force and technique to get it in the cup. Sometimes it drops in and you look like a pro, and other times you might as well just pack it in. Hopefully, my advice leans more towards par instead of bogey for you.
As usual, my recommendations are for good matchups and perhaps a good waiver pickup or two. I try to pick players that aren’t always “household” names for IDP, but usually, it is a little of both. Here we go for Week 6 …..
– I like the matchup the defensive line for
DT – Jay Ratliff, DAL
DE – Shaun Ellis, NYJ
DE – Jared Allen, MIN
– Allen hasn’t been that impressive as seasons past. He’s still running on high octane though, and a multiple sack performance could easily take place this week against the hapless Lions.
– If you haven’t figured it out by now, the 49ers are allowing sacks left and right. Cole looks to be back to his old self these days, so he should have a field day, and Parker is quietly producing some nice points here and there. I like the Eagles’ defensive front line to produce above average IDP points this week.
– Both of these guys are seasoned stalwarts in the Seadog lineup cards this season.
LB – Zach Diles, HOU
– I keep waiting for Diles to falter, but he has had solid production all season. I’m not sure this is the greatest matchup going against
LB – Stephen Cooper, SD
– I’ve been waiting and waiting for Matt Wilhelm to be a little above average with his points each week, but he hasn’t. Cooper gets reinstated into the lineup and has eight tackles. If he’s available in your league, then you might want to consider grabbing him up.
LB –DeMarcus Ware, DAL
– Ware should be gold this week as the Cardinals are prone to give up a lot of sacks. Ware could be in for a monster game.
LB – Thomas Davis, CAR
– I haven’t been as high on
LB – Thomas Howard, OAK
– I’ve been talking Howard up some already this year, but his point production has been pretty erratic so far. I think this is a week where his points spike on the high side, so he gets a vote as a strong play for Week 6.
S – Nedu Ndukwe, CIN
– This is the second straight week that I’m recommending a Cincy safety (probably because the Bengals aren’t very good so these guys tend to get a lot of action). The Jets pose another favorable matchup this week, so I’m going to go with the other guy this week –Ndukwe (I’m glad I don’t have to pronounce his name).
– He had a big game last week and it looks like the Ravens will help him to continue his point production. He is a solid pickup/fill-in until Bob Sanders gets healthy again.
CB – Eric Wright, CLE
– The Giants offense is going to help to pad Wright’s stats this week. This should be a great matchup on Monday night.
CB – Adam Jones, DAL
– This is a controversial pick by me, and I’m not positive of his status with the team as it looks like he got into a fight the other night. If he is playing this week, he could be fantasy gold as the Cardinals are just airing it out these days and
Well, these are some of my recommendations for Week 6, and, as usual, thanks for reading!