Howdy Sharkfans! It is time to turn the corner this season, and I’m seeing some great value at the safety position these days. It’s tough to find strong LBs at this stage in the game, but good DBs could possibly be a team changer for you at the season midpoint. Anyways, here are some Seadog recommendations for Week 9.
Shaun Rogers, CLE
– Rogers is smokin’ hot right now for a point-producing DT. You don’t want to keep this guy on your bench right now.
Pat Williams, MIN
– The Minny DTs have a great matchup versus
Dewayne White, DET
– White is another guy who has been putting up the points recently. Detroit DEs have a great opportunity with
Aaron Kampman, GB
– To me, Freeney is a fun guy to watch on the field, but his gametime play doesn’t translate very well to IDP. However, it seems like every year Freeney puts up a big fantasy game and gets everyone all worked up. He’s due for that game this year and the Pats are giving up a lot of sacks. This could be the week for him. Are you feeling lucky?
Joey Porter, MIA
– Porter is a man on a mission right now. If your league rewards for sacks, then Porter is going to be a strong play for you. I don’t usually recommend pass rushing LBs in general, but Porter is doing pretty well right now.
Karlos Dansby, ARI
– Dansby is clicking on all cylinders lately. The Rams aren’t necessarily the greatest matchup for him this week, but continue to play him while he is going strong.
James Farrior, PIT
– Farrior is another guy that is producing above expectations right now, in my opinion. He should have a great matchup this week against
– Brackett gets another mention as he is the hottest IDP linebacker the past three weeks, and the matchup against the Patriots should be beneficial for him as well.
D.D. Lewis, SEA
Lofa Tatupu at MLB for the Seahawks. If Tatupu starts this week then Lewis is not going to be much of a factor. However, if you need a hole shot, it might be worth a try with Lewis on Sunday.
S – Sabby Piscitelli, TB
– Jermaine Phillips broke his arm last week so it looks like Sabby is going to just slide on in to his starter position. Piscitelli has got some great potential and could be a great find at this stage in the season.
S – Antrel Rolle, ARI
– I’m going safety crazy this week. Rolle has been putting up steady numbers the past couple of weeks and his schedule looks like it will be favorable from here on out. He’s another guy that could be a good find on the waiver wire right now.
S – Marvin White, CIN
Dexter Jackson came back as the Bengals starter last week and he got put on IR this week so his season is over. White slides back into the starter role where he should be fairly effective for the rest of the year. At the very least, he should be a strong bench guy on your team.
CB – Dunta Robinson, HOU
– Robinson is just coming back from an injury. He might be a little sporadic the next couple of weeks as he makes his way back into playing shape, but he could be huge the rest of the season. Nine tackles, an INT and a couple of PDs aren’t too shabby for his second week back last week. He isn’t supposed to start on Sunday, but he should continue to get good playing time.
Marlin Jackson is out with a probable ACL injury.
Well, these are some of my recommendations for Week 9, and, as usual, thanks for reading!