Wednesday - Jan 23, 2019

Home / Uncategorized / Waiver Wire Wonders

Waiver Wire Wonders

As always, thanks for reading. Let’s get right into this week’s list. Nothing strikes me as incredibly hot so we’ll by pass that category this week …

Previously Listed Players

Though owned in 87 percent of the leagues being run on www.myfantasyleague.com, that leaves 13 percent of you out there that have an opportunity to grab
TE Jacob Tamme (Indianapolis). As soon as Dallas Clark went on injured reserve, we scoured the Colts’ roster to find out who would be taking over for the fantasy stud. In two short weeks, Tamme has gone from unknown to arguably one of the Top 2 or 3 producers at his position. If you have him, continue to ride him as Peyton Manning shows no signs of looking away from him in key situations.

WR Steve Breaston (Arizona)
is another guy we mentioned last week. Owned in 81 percent of the leagues, that leaves a small percentage of you out there that have an opportunity to grab him. Given the issues that many wideouts are having around the league (offensive struggles, bad coaching, injuries), Breaston is a fantasy starter.

Solid Pickups

RB Mike Goodson, Carolina
The Panthers continue to dig deeper into their depth chart at the running back position. The latest casualty is Jonathon Stewart, and early indications are that he won’t be able to go this week. That opens the door for Goodson, who has a favorable matchup against the Buccaneers on tap. Goodson is one of the few players out there that can be used as a starter this week. 

WR Sidney Rice, Minnesota

What a week Brett Favre had, really out of no where as he’s been struggling of late.  Perhaps the departure of Randy Moss has lit a fire under this offense. Rice is very close to coming back, perhaps as early as this week. Combined with Percy Harvin, these two would pose a significant offensive threat. Rice is worth taking a flyer on.

WR Blair White, Indianapolis

No sooner has Austin Collie come back onto the field from injury, he was being carted off after a very ugly collision. Luckily it was only a concussion, and we’re very glad about that. White is next on the depth chart for the Colts, and Peyton Manning has confidence in him. Owned in only 11 percent of leagues, White is worth a flyer, especially to those Collie owners out there. 

On The Radar

WR Jacoby Ford, Oakland
A buddy of mine emailed me early on Monday morning: “Break up the Raiders!” I think that’s a bit of a stretch, but what isn’t a stretch is the sudden surge in offense in Oakland. Ford had a career day on Sunday, lighting the lamp for 148 yards on just six catches. Owned in only 4 percent of leagues, those numbers are enough to warrant a look from fantasy owners.   

Deep and/or Dynasty Only

WR Seyi Ajirotutu, San Diego

We’re putting the spell checker to the test here, and I’m very glad I don’t have to say this name out loud! While the Chargers continue to wait for their starters to get healthy, Ajirotutu went crazy with 111 yards and two scores this past week. The San Diego passing offense is high-powered, so should Ajirotutu get onto the field, the potential for high fantasy numbers is pretty good. Note that the Chargers are on the bye this week.

RB Javarris James, Indianapolis

Like the Chargers, the Colts are a team waiting for their starters to get healthy, but at the running back position. Only the desperate need apply here as James’ role as the goal line back is likely to be short-lived. But for the time being, two touchdowns this past week isn’t bad for a guy who is surely on your waiver wire, even in the deepest of dynasty leagues.

About Fantasy Sharks

FantasySharks.com began in 2003, disseminating fantasy football content on the web for free. It is, or has been, home to some of the most talented and best known fantasy writers on the planet. Owned and operated by Tony Holm (5 time Fantasy Sports Writer Association Hall-of-Fame nominee,) Tony started writing fantasy content in 1993 for the only three fantasy football web sites in existence at the time.