We are almost into a month of football and already the waivers have been flooded with adds and drops from one week wonders such as
to injured players such as Shane Vereen,
. Soon the waivers will be flooded with players such as
and whatever player gets hurt or stinks this week.
The waiver is a fluid exchange all season. Last year in our Shark league there were 174 transactions. Just this season alone, we are at 38 transactions which puts us on pace for about 220 transactions. In leagues that have trading, the transactions will be much higher. As your players get injured or your patience with a hopeful breakout star diminishes, you’ll use the waiver to try and find pieces that will fit your team. The problem is that we have started the bye weeks, everyone is gunning for the same two or tjree players that are hot waiver pickups. The key is to add players that you can see getting back into the fantasy spotlight. Grabbing players like
if they have been let go in hopes that they will perform when they return. Last year, I was able to pick up
who had been dumped in a few leagues and he was productive for me later in the year. This year could be the same situation if an owner drops Wilson, he could play better later in the season.
My philosophy is not to overvalue players that you’ve drafted or picked up off waivers that look like they will be mediocre all year. I remember last year there were owners holding on to
even though it was unlikely that he was going to return. If for some reason
re-injures himself and will miss a significant amount of time, don’t hold on to him just to have him on your roster.
The Golden Mug Award
Awarded to the fantasy players who came through for their team.
– 9 receptions for 196 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns. Brown finally has his breakout game of the season. Let’s hope that this will get him going in London this week.
– 342 passing yards, 3 passing touchdowns and 1 interception, 6 rushes for 21 yards and 1 touchdown. Brees bounced back from his one touchdown performance in Week 2 to put up four touchdowns against a good Cardinals defense. The Saints play the Dolphins this week in a battle of unbeatens.
– 20 carries for 92 rushing yards, 1 touchdown with 7 receptions for 80 receiving yards. This game was the Charles and McCoy show. The two combined for 59 fantasy points. Charles should have another favorable matchup against the Giants who gave up 120 rushing yards to
The Urinal Cake Award
Awarded to the fantasy players who you would like to, well you know.
– 1 reception for 4 receiving. Unless he runs a short route. I don’t think
is going to throw him the ball. He was targeted just three times in the game and has just 90 receiving yards and one touchdown on the season.
– 2 receptions for 11 yards. Brown has been a bust all season. Even though he wasn’t drafted early in drafts, he was taken as a WR3 or WR4 depending on how you drafted. So far this season he has eight catches for 50 yards with one touchdown. With Malcom Floyd out, Brown should have received more than three targets.
The entire NY Giants Team.
and the Giants defense all stunk. The worst fantasy outing for these guys.
had as many fantasy points as Nicks, Cruz, Manning and Wilson combined. Yeah it was that bad.